Special gift for Bride in remembrance of father

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

bridesis Posts : 1 Registered: 3/15/11
Special gift for Bride in remembrance of father
Posted: Mar 15, 2011 11:15 PM

My sister and I lost our father in December of 2008 to cancer. She is getting married in June of this year, and I really want to give her something special to remember him by. I was kind of thinking of taking his wedding ring and class ring and having them made into an anklet, or necklace or something. I want it to be something more than a memorial candle or picture frame... any ideas?

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: Special gift for Bride in remembrance of father
Posted: Mar 16, 2011 8:11 AM Go to message in response to: bridesis

something that some brides will do is have a locket or something of the person they are remembering incorporated into the bouquet somehow.

When my grandfather passed, some of the flowers on his arrangement were silk, and some were real (they were good silk, it was really hard to find the fakes). I kept one of the flowers off of his casket and gave it to my florist to be placed in my bouquet.

I have heard of people using lace from their mother's wedding dress as the wrap, and having pictures as well.

The anklet is a nice idea -- if she is interested; however, keep in mind that by doing that, you might also be damaging the item itself--so be sure that's what you want to do.

Talk to your sister about it -- it's her wedding day outfit etc and find out how she'd like to honor him.

Misty

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Mar 16, 2011 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: bridesis

I really like your idea of taking his rings and putting them on a necklace or anklet. My DH's father passed away before we met, so for our wedding day I got a necklace of his fathers from his mom and gave it to him the morning of the wedding so he would have something of his fathers to wear, symbolizing that his father is with him. Another thing you can do is even attach a locket to her bouquet.

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: bridesis

Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: bridesis

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine