Slimming my arms??

Online Users: 1,286 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

jmd22 Posts : 125 Registered: 7/17/08
Slimming my arms??
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 1:22 PM

Hi ladies!
Ok, so our wedding is 4 weeks from tomorrow--yay!! :) I have been working hard to lose some weight and tone up before the big day. So far I have lost about 10lbs and my clothes are fitting much better. Plus, when I went in for my first dress fitting, it was way too big :) All good stuff! However, my one concern is my arms- my dress is really flattering overall, but since it's strapless, I want my arms to be looking as good as possible. They have gotten a little tighter and more toned in the past few months, but they are still a little flabby, and in certain lighting, they almost look a little dimply--ughh! Does anyone have any great tips on how to tone up my arms FAST??

I have been using some of that firming, gradual tanning lotion, and that seems to be helping--everything looks better tan! :) I am trying to not obsess about this, because I am SOOOO happy to be getting married, and I'm so excited about the wedding, but a part of me if terrified of getting the wedding photos back and seeing fat arms! :( I guess there's always Photoshop, right? :)

Any tips would be appreciated!

smileyface Posts : 19 Registered: 8/15/09
Re: Slimming my arms??
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 10:24 PM Go to message in response to: jmd22

first of all, congratulations :D and good luck :)
i know what your feeling so dont worry your not alone, one thing you can do, is pushups, they require arm work, im sure that would help, im sorry if its not much help, :)
peace love happiness

triciam Posts : 128 Registered: 2/19/09
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 4:40 PM Go to message in response to: jmd22

Get some 5 lbs weights and do bicep curls and triceps. Push ups are good and if they are difficult you can always do them against a wall. If you do not have weights you can do chair dips to work your tris. I would do this when you are watching tv. Low weight high reps will help tone.

hkat Posts : 1 Registered: 7/1/10
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 1:49 PM Go to message in response to: jmd22

Hi congrats!! I'm sure you're going to look perfect on your wedding day, but if you're really bothered by your arms, maybe up your cardio workout by 15 mins or make it more intense and incorporate your arms into it, like running or elliptical. Doing lots arm reps on lighter weights is great too. ideally, i think the best thing would be to take a pilates reformer class at least twice a week and tell your teacher you want to focus on your arms. that would definitely guarantee toning in a few weeks. plus you'd tone up everything else too. hope this helps!

STBMrsBW Posts : 21 Registered: 7/16/10
Posted: Jul 20, 2010 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: jmd22

Hey! Congrats! Not much longer! My FH is a trainer and he has me on a work out :) To tone your arms, if you have access to a weight bench, do 8 reps and 3-5 sets of benching weights. Start with just the bar and then work your way up. Don't put on too much weight, just enough where you feel it. Then take dumbells, atleast 8 pounds, and lay on your back (on a bench is best) and bend your elbows to wear your arm is in an L shape with your fists to the ceiling (have a dumbell in each hand). Take your arms and slowly, not too slow, take the weights to the ceiling bringing your hands closer together the higher you go. Do this 8 times with 3-5 sets. One more thing after that is while laying on your back take a heavier dumbell with both hands and put it behind your head (elbows should be near the back of your head). Slowly lift the dumbell to the front of your body and stop when you get over your chest keeping your arms only slightly bent. If you do these 3xs a week you should be very toned by the time of your wedding.

[

egasperecz Posts : 5 Registered: 11/2/10
Posted: Mar 11, 2011 12:12 AM Go to message in response to: jmd22

Hi, I actually just received an e-mail about pre-wedding workouts, and it has some really good arm toning workouts.
The website link is

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/wedding-fitness?xsc=eml_dwd_2011_03_10

My arms are one of my biggest concerns about the dress, my wedding is in June and I hope to lose about 10-15 pounds and get those arms looking great!

Best wishes to you. Congratulations!

Giochigratis Posts : 1 Registered: 5/27/11
Posted: May 27, 2011 10:33 AM Go to message in response to: egasperecz

wow!! ;)

very beautiful forum!! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine