Wedding Colors!!

Online Users: 1,318 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 5

Mrsflackus Posts : 2 Registered: 3/4/11
Wedding Colors!!
Posted: Mar 4, 2011 2:18 PM

My Fiance and I are getting married in September 2011. He is in the Air Force and so we will be getting married at his bases chapel. He is going to be wearing his mess dress, which is a navy blue, my dress is ivory. We picked purple and silver for our colors. The boquets and bootineers will be white roses, with small purple flowers. So what color should I choose for the bridesmaids dresses? I don't want them to be too purpley because of their flowers are also purple. I have thought about doing a purple dress because the flowers have almost a reddish tone in spots, but i'm not sure.
I also thought maybe a silver dress, or maybe a black dress, that I can make a silver bow to wrap around the wasit. Is purple and silver okay with his blue uniform?? help! lol

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Re: Wedding Colors!!
Posted: Mar 4, 2011 3:55 PM Go to message in response to: Mrsflackus

I think your colors sound beautiful, and I think purple dresses would look awesome with the blue suits. I would steer away from black if you could, or your wedding might end up looking like a bruise :) Purple can look good on just about anyone though, so I'd go with it!

chris42005 Posts : 89 Registered: 4/6/10
Posted: Mar 6, 2011 11:16 PM Go to message in response to: Mrsflackus

I like the silver w/purple sash. I would not worry about his Mess Dress, unless the groomsmen will be wearing it also. In that case you can take his uniform with you when you go dress shopping.

boomersbabygirl Posts : 6 Registered: 10/21/08
Posted: Mar 9, 2011 6:08 PM Go to message in response to: Mrsflackus

Silver with a purple sash would be very lovely.

"I Promise To Love You Forever-Every Single Day Of Forever!!!"-Boomer & Shorty wedding planning

mrrtg27 Posts : 2 Registered: 3/16/11
Posted: Mar 16, 2011 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: boomersbabygirl

Agree with purple dresses - that sounds pretty!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 2:37 AM Go to message in response to: Mrsflackus

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine