Briadal Party gifts

Online Users: 1,335 guest(s), 4 user(s). Replies: 10

RobinRings Posts : 4 Registered: 3/19/09
Briadal Party gifts
Posted: Mar 7, 2011 3:31 PM

I have five Brides maids and five groom's men in our wedding party. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or ideas for me to get as gifts for everyone. I was thinking of something I can do with a little bit of personzation.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: Briadal Party gifts
Posted: Mar 7, 2011 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: RobinRings

The groomsmen are your FH's problem. The bridesmaids are yours.

However, without knowing your ladies, it is really hard to give ideas.

I did give my girls totes from http://www.justembroideredtotes.com/page/page/4619797.htm She did a great job and I got them very fast.

I filled them up with other things.

Misty

Shadowcat Posts : 16 Registered: 2/17/11
Posted: Mar 7, 2011 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Without knowing your ladies, it's hard to really make suggestions, but here's what we're doing:
for the bridesmaids, silver pashmina wraps, plus bottles of perfume oil from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (BPAL specializes in fantasy, horror, Gothic, and Victorian-inspired perfumes: http://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/welcome.html) --I'm getting each of them a scent that reflects something she likes, for example a Last Unicorn scent for a fantasy-loving friend, or Tintagel for a medievalist;
for the groomsmen, classic Chuck Taylor All-Stars in our wedding colors (blue & grey), plus pocketknives (not sure what kind, that's the fiance's department)

The idea was to get something they could wear at the wedding, plus something they could use afterward, that could be a little individualized for each of them.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Mar 7, 2011 8:02 PM Go to message in response to: RobinRings

Dear Robin.

iPods.

Horror themed perfume? That sounds HORRIBLE. Yech.

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 12:24 AM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Aunt: Ahahaha! They're actually lovely--the Cthulhu (H.P. Lovecraft) scent is a lot like Cool Water, and great on boys, and the Shub-Niggurath (also Lovecraft) smells like gingerbread! I have several of their Shakespearean line--Lady Macbeth, Titania, Tamora--and a few of the Neil Gaiman and Alice In Wonderland sets, as well as the Chaucer-inspired Valentine's Day scent that might be my wedding scent (white rose & medieval incense). Definitely recommended, if only to tell people you're wearing Lady Macbeth! :-)

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Mar 12, 2011 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: RobinRings

There are many things you could do.

You could go the traditional route of getting them jewellery and accessories which can be worn for the wedding and afterwards.

The tote bag idea is being done a lot--it's like a little gift bag with you fill it up with surprises.

You could get them good quality make up from places like MAC or Sephora.

You can get them tickets to a concert, sporting event, etc.

You can get them a gift certificate to a nice restaurant.

I hear ipods being recommended a lot. Honestly, I think most people have ipods by now though--so that may not work for you.

I probably won't follow a theme. I have my best friend who is a book-worm and I might get her a collection of books by her favourite author or one of those--tablet reader things. And then my sister who is the fashionable girly girl--I might get her a dress she's after or some home decor that she will like. I will try to make each gift as personal as possible--but of course as equal as possible too.

Brizzle Posts : 1 Registered: 2/9/11
Posted: Jun 1, 2011 5:10 PM Go to message in response to: Shadowcat

shadowcat:i think your idea sounds so great! i looked at the website and fell in love with it--i love your idea of something to use at and then after the wedding, brill! at least you helped ME out! can you tell me your favorite scent? thanks!

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 7:31 PM Go to message in response to: Brizzle

Brizzle: glad you like them! I heart my BPAL collection (I'm on the BPAL forums as Splendidissima, not that I use it much). Um, some of my favorites from the general catalog... Hermia from the Shakespeare collection (the pink pepper is great! Pepper from the Neil Gaiman collection is similar but more floral), Bordello if you like amaretto, Shattered or the (yearly) Lick It series for a cool chilly scent (I need one for hot summer days!), Parlement of Foules (technically limited edition but they do it each Valentine's Day) for a more grown-up white rose. Punkie Night is a good fall scent if you can find it (apples and cranberries), but they don't do it every year.

I'll probably be wearing the limited edition they did earlier this year, Nymphia (She Who Blesses Brides), because it's appropriate and I like coconut!

The Fiance likes Cthulhu because it reminds him of Cool Water, but with geek value. I'd say order some imp's ears (sample vials) and experiment. :-)

JenniferWillson Posts : 70 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 8:41 AM Go to message in response to: RobinRings

Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

BeGlamorous Posts : 1 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: RobinRings

Gigi Hill offers great bridesmaids gifts! I recommend the Marilyn clutch so that your bridesmaids have something small & elegant to carry their things in during the wedding events. After the wedding your bridesmaids will still be excited to use the Marilyn for their personal use & they'll think of your wedding day every time they use it! They can use it to carry their lipgloss, cell phone, ID, Credit Cards & more throughout the entire day of the wedding! The Marilyn makes it simple for your bridesmaids to carry along everything they need from going to the hair & make-up appointments, to the limo, to the dressing room, to the church for the wedding & then the reception! Another great things is that Gigi Hill offers many different fabric patterns so you can either get your bridesmdaids all matching Marilyns to go with whichever color the dresses are, or pick out a different clutch for each bridesmaid to go with their personality & style. You can order the Marilyn & browse other items by visiting my Gigi Hill website: www.gigihillbags.com/mandi

Catherine88 Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Sep 25, 2012 3:54 AM Go to message in response to: RobinRings
RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine