March 2012 Brides

Online Users: 1,344 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

anxiousfloridag... Posts : 10 Registered: 9/30/10
March 2012 Brides
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 10:53 AM

I was just curious, if you are getting married in March 2012, what do you have done already? My wedding date is March 3, 2012 and I have nothing planned!!

[url=http://www.tickercentral.com][img]http://www.tickercentral.com/view/ajwe/2.png[/img][/url]

AlwaysSublime Posts : 28 Registered: 9/17/08
Re: March 2012 Brides
Posted: Jan 7, 2011 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: anxiousfloridag...

March or April 2012 are possible months for us.

My progress has been this: gone through several bridal magazines & books to look up ideas for gowns, flowers, centerpieces, etc. And honestly it has been so fun! They are marked with many post-it flags. lol. I am also browsing brides.com in my free time.

I have made a few bridal gown appointments for the end of this month, mainly to find out what looks good on me and what I can find in my price range. I probably will not order anything until 8-6 months before the wedding.

I have also called a few venues for the reception (all restaurants). It is really helping us to make a budget. Some restaurants are in our price range and some are definitely not! This is something I would like to book in the next few months so we don't lose out on a place because it is already booked.

Likewise I have also contacted videographers & photographers to get price lists to see what fits in the budget.

Most of this is being done now because I am starting a Master's program in March, and am not sure how much free time I will have while I am in school (and working full-time!).

PatricksLove Posts : 26 Registered: 3/6/08
Posted: Jan 15, 2011 12:27 PM Go to message in response to: anxiousfloridag...

My wedding date is March 4, 2012.

So far we have booked our ceremony/reception venue which includes catering, dj, minister, photography, wedding cake, grooms cake, and linens.

I went to a bridal show last weekend and got a lot of great ideas for simple DIY centerpieces.

I've tried on a few dresses but haven't found "the one" yet...

We've been engaged for almost 3 years now so I've had lots of time to think and look and plan!

One important thing that I haven't completely decided on is colors :( I keep flip-flopping!

Patrick and Meagan <3 March 4, 2012

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 10:06 PM Go to message in response to: PatricksLove

WOW! That is awesome that the venue includes all of that. Makes planning A LOT easier. I am e-mailing photographers and videographers and it is hard to keep track of all the e-mails.

Bridal shows are fun, as long as you know how to politely say, "No thank you" if a vendor keeps bugging you. lol. I am hoping to go to one in San Diego at the end of the month.

I did not expect to be thinking about colors already, but I am too! The sunrises and sunsets in my town lately have really been inspiring me. I want to stick with spring colors, so right now sky blue, peach, and light grey are in the running. But so are beige, light pink, light yellow... so out of all of those I am going to have to decide!

Posted: Feb 19, 2011 5:35 PM Go to message in response to: AlwaysSublime

I try not to make eye contact with the vendors at the bridal shows! lol
I really want a deep purple and my FH wants navy blue...so I'm trying to make them both work without being too dark for an early March wedding.
Did you have any luck at the bridal shows?

An update from my earlier post: I bought my wedding dress :) I can't wait till the summer so I can finalize more details!!!

Posted: Feb 25, 2011 11:22 PM Go to message in response to: PatricksLove

I meant to write back earlier! We did go to San Diego, but did not have time to go to the bridal show. My mom, fiancÚ and I spent the day looking at parks (for the ceremony) and restaurants. Had some hits, some misses, but we got it down to 3 parks that we like and 2 restaurants. The park needs to be booked a year in advance; they are very popular for weddings in San Diego.

YAY! So awesome that you found your wedding dress! Were you able to find one in your budget? That is my main concern.

My sister-in-law used navy blue for her August wedding and it looked great. She used it sparingly which I think helped. She did white tablecloths (instead of navy blue)... so doing things like that can lighten the palette a little.

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: AlwaysSublime

I'm glad you were able to narrow down your options for the wedding! That was so hard for me because there are a million wedding places here in Houston.

My dress was in budget and it was on sale because it was the boutique's grand opening weekend - lucky me :)

Good thing we have a nice amount of time to shop around. That makes it more likely that we will find things in our budget!!

Thank you for the white tablecloth idea. I think that could definitely work :)

mandn Posts : 1 Registered: 2/27/11
Posted: Feb 27, 2011 9:59 PM Go to message in response to: anxiousfloridag...

We just set our date yesterday. So far we booked our venue, photographer, dj and a florist for the centerpieces. But I haven't given any thought to invitations, favors or my dress!

SummerWynn Posts : 1 Registered: 4/12/11
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 6:27 PM Go to message in response to: anxiousfloridag...

Im a February bride - and my planning just is as slow. Just engaged a few weeks :) but I was wondering if anyone else saw what the Sheraton on fort lauderdale beach was offering. Battle of the Beach brides, I think? Im not sure of my location yet but its hard to pass up a free 75 person wedding on the beach, nonetheless! Exciting. Anyone?

DGUnion Posts : 1 Registered: 9/1/10
Posted: May 30, 2011 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: anxiousfloridag...

Our date is March 17, 2012 and after we got a venue, officiant and photographer everything else seemed really far off to plan. You're not alone!

angiedd Posts : 2 Registered: 4/14/11
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 10:14 PM Go to message in response to: DGUnion

We originally had a January 21, 2012 dated planned, however we received complaints from relatives that live in New York, so we changed the date to March 17th. Will not change again, I don't care if there is a hurricane in New York and everyone is stuck. We have venue for ceremony and reception booked, as well as photographer and seamstress for my gown. Those are the hard parts to me everything else will fall into place now and I have some extra time.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine