Finally found him....!

Online Users: 1,313 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

At4798 Posts : 4 Registered: 2/23/11
Finally found him....!
Posted: Feb 25, 2011 5:43 PM

Hi folks,

I'm new to Brides.com thought I'd stop in and say hi (I've been stealthing through the forum for a couple of days!).

I was one of those people that didn't really date... went on a couple of dates but knew within the first ten minutes those guys weren't for me. Meeting my fiance (online) was absolutely and completely different, like I knew it would be (though I never imagined I'd manage to find someone!).

My fiance is American, and I'm English. We don't have a date as yet, and until we get final approval we can't set one, when I re-enter the states we'll have 3 months to marry. It makes planning stuff... interesting, to say the least. Plans keep changing... intially it was California (most of his family are there) but being honest with ourselves we realised we really didn't want to do that. Our wedding will now take place in Maryland, probably quite a small celebration. Though I'm hoping not Justice of the Peace (I mean no offense if thats the way you have done things, its just not for me).

Anyway... I'm rambling now. I just wanted to stop in and say hi, congratulations to both the engaged and the married around here, and good luck with your plans - I hope they don't get too stressful and out of control!

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Finally found him....!
Posted: Feb 25, 2011 6:18 PM Go to message in response to: At4798

Dear AT,

Welcome to our forum.

The immigration laws do make it tough to plan a wedding. What you can do is talk to various vendors and explain your situation. See if you can line people up for a tentative date (or range of dates), then just say "Go" when you get your visa and know when your 90-day window is.

I'd like to bet you won't be the first fiance visa bride the vendors have met. An experienced vendor should be pretty used to it.

Posted: Feb 25, 2011 6:33 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Thank you, Aunt :)

Yep, the venues we've enquired into have mostly been pretty helpful with that. Short notice for most places is fine so long as you aren't worried about not having a prime slot.

There were a couple of places that weren't very helpful at all... but you get that with many things. While we were ring shopping, one of the assistants gave up on me and was pretty rude when she sent us on our way - guess its a good way to know that place isn't for us!

I created a wedding website to keep family and friends updated... there were a few 'disagreements' recently with things I'd apparently not told family... some hurtful comments... now I don't have to remember who I've told about where we are with the process, because its on the website :). Its not really my fiance's thing (he called it foo foo, though he saw the sense and functionality in it) so he'll probably be leaving it to me.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Feb 26, 2011 6:42 PM Go to message in response to: At4798

dear AT,

Have you considered engaging a wedding planner? That might be a really good idea, considering you are doing long-distance planning with an indistinct time frame.

A wedding planner would be able to give you expert, local advice such as a good baker, etc.

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 7:29 AM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Thanks, I'll give that a go. :)

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Mar 6, 2011 3:01 PM Go to message in response to: At4798

At-

I'm in Virginia, but I have a lot of friends in Maryland. Do you know what area you are considering?

I could always ask if any of them know of any planners if you are interested - get some references and names if you want.

That might really help you too as so many states have different rules about how to get a marriage license and what not.

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 4:14 AM Go to message in response to: At4798

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine