Fire permit preventing use of candles for reception...

Online Users: 1,338 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

TripleDagger3 Posts : 6 Registered: 4/5/10
Fire permit preventing use of candles for reception...
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 11:39 PM

So I bought 75 tea light holders to use for my reception, unfortunately they are non refundable and I just found out I cant use real tea light in any of them due to fire permit laws of the flame needing to be 3 inches below the rim of the glass of a candle holder!!! So now I have to either completely waste the money I spent, and waste more money buying 75 new candle holders OR use LED lights. I have bought some "tester" LED tea lights from several different places, and they all look terrible. I'm hoping that maybe i'm just buying from the wrong places and theres a place that might have some actual realistic ones... please help!! Does anyone know a place that sells high quality LED tea lights??

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Fire permit preventing use of candles for reception...
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 11:57 PM Go to message in response to: TripleDagger3

I don't know about these, but the 'flame' is higher so maybe that would look better?

http://www.ledtealights.net/Super-Bright-Flickering-LED-Tea-Light-With-Tall-Flame-Set-10_p_43.html

Shadowcat Posts : 16 Registered: 2/17/11
Posted: Mar 8, 2011 12:29 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

We're actually using LED tealights for ours--we had to make sure we got ones that specified 'white' light instead of orange or natural, because we wanted them really clear and bright. Maybe checking out that distinction would help?

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Mar 8, 2011 6:06 PM Go to message in response to: TripleDagger3

do you have a picture of the tea light holders? Maybe when we see them we can help you come up with ideas of what to use instead of tea lights.

Also, just because you can't use them does not mean you cannot sell them. Ebay is one place....and I've forgotten the other place... it's like ebay for weddings (but since I no longer need it, I've discovered my favorite is missing)

Misty

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Mar 8, 2011 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

www.bravobride.com

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Mar 8, 2011 9:54 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

yeah... that's it!

Misty

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine