Oak Tree ceremony

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

PinkBear Posts : 83 Registered: 7/23/09
Oak Tree ceremony
Posted: Feb 2, 2011 8:28 PM

So we have to change our location for our ceremony (grrrr!) from DF's grandpartents backyard to somewhere else on the ranch. I had dreamed of doing it in their backyard since it overlooks the whole valley and vineyards, but when we went to get final conformation of it, (we had talked about it previously, but there was never a definitive answer) they said no, and also told us that if we moved our wedding to sunday the 21st (which we had thought about to save a little $$$) - which is their 57th wedding anniversary - they would not be able to attend. (REALLY?!?!)

So we walked around the ranch to find a different place for the ceremony (reception is at a different location) and found an awesome 200+ year oak tree near the barns. However, the ground is very uneven, and while there is grass now, its basically just a field and there will not be grass in August, or at the most it will be dried and smooshed. Is this still an acceptable location for the ceremony? It has plenty of parking within a very short walking distance, I'm just worried about the ground not being nice and grassy and super flat.

Also, does anyone have any ideas of things to hang from the tree? I want to make it pretty :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Oak Tree ceremony
Posted: Feb 2, 2011 8:42 PM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

Dear PB,

Consider getting some AstroTurf to make a smooth area for those who might have trouble walking.

As far as hanging things from a tree. You could... but... in my opinion a tree looks just great as a tree. You could set up a separate arbor under the tree, but since you are outdoors, I'd say let Mother Nature be your decorator.

chris42005 Posts : 89 Registered: 4/6/10
Posted: Feb 5, 2011 9:33 PM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

Like Aunt said, I would go with Mother Nature and let her decorate the tree. Maybe a stand with some flowers or something along those lines. If you can find some nice astroturf go for it, but than it might look out of place. Don't know if you could get differant colored astroturf. I just think green astroturf might stick out too much.

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Feb 7, 2011 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: chris42005

Any chance you could put up a swing for 2 and sit on that side by side for the ceremony? I think that would be sweet.
Could even work it into your vows - like the swing your relationship will have many ups and downs... or is that too cheesy! hahaha

http://st.houzz.com/simages/58880_0_8-5635-traditional-landscape.jpg

PinkBear Posts : 83 Registered: 7/23/09
Posted: Feb 12, 2011 3:13 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Good ideas everyone! Thank you!!! (I especially love the swing idea - it already has a swing on it too!)

We talked to the grandparents again and they decided to let us use the backyard! YAY!!!! I'm so ecstatic!!! So we will do pictures by the oak tree :)

Thank you everyone for your advice!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine