Help Me Find A Seamstress near Conshohocken!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

hollyjean380 Posts : 2 Registered: 2/12/11
Help Me Find A Seamstress near Conshohocken!
Posted: Feb 12, 2011 2:24 AM

Hello Brides,

I live in Conshohocken, Pennsvylania, just outside Philadelphia. My fiance and I are getting married on May 21. I bought my wedding dress from J Crew bridal shop in New York City. That is the closest store to Philadelphia. They do not have an alertations department and were not familiar with any business in the Philadelphia area. If you are familiar with the J Crew bridal line, it is the Augusta gown. It is a gorgeous ivory, strapless, chiffon silk gown. It fits me very well, except for the lenght. I am petite and the dress is very long! I also need to have the bust slightly taken in.

My dry cleaner recommended his wife who owns a Tailor and Dressmaking shop in East Norriton called The Golden Thimble. I have only found one review online. It was positive and extensive, but it was the only review. I am wondering if there any other brides out there with similar experiences? Can anyone recommend a great seamstress to make alterations to my lovely wedding gown?

Dunebug Posts : 30 Registered: 11/8/10
Re: Help Me Find A Seamstress near Conshohocken!
Posted: Feb 12, 2011 1:31 PM Go to message in response to: hollyjean380

Wow, I was born in Conshy! I can't make any recommendations, though. I think that the only place where I've gotten alterations done that I've been happy with was at David's Bridal, and I doubt that they would work on an outside gown. I may be wrong, though. The only thing I can recommend is to google various terms like "seamstress" "bridal alterations" etc along with "19428". Sorry, that's all I've got!

Good luck :)

ETA:
This may be of some help to you

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Wedding+Dress+Alterations&find_loc=Drexel+Hill,+PA#find_loc=19428

There seem to be some good places listed. If any of them look good to you, Drexel Hill is not too far away for something as important as your wedding dress!

Edited by: SilverLining1 on Feb 12, 2011 1:33 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine