Traditional vs Contemporary Wedding Dress

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

WeddedBliss Posts : 1 Registered: 1/31/11
Traditional vs Contemporary Wedding Dress
Posted: Jan 31, 2011 6:15 PM

What are your thoughts on veering away from the traditional wedding dress? Is it okay to now use a more 'special occasion' dress in place of the traditional long wedding dress? I'm not thinking of getting a dress that can be fore multiple uses, but I'm thinking of getting something thats fun and memorable.
What are your thoughts on this dress, I like that it has runway designer inspiration. Maybe it would be a good option for a reception dress?

As much as I'm loving the new Vera Wang for Davids Bridal dresses, I think I want to get something thats cocktailish and more my personality. What would be amazing would be to get a long dress and then trim off the bottom and make a short cocktail version for the reception like Lauren Davis did.

What are your thoughts?

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Traditional vs Contemporary Wedding Dress
Posted: Jan 31, 2011 6:59 PM Go to message in response to: WeddedBliss

Dear WB,

If you are not having a traditional ceremony, why have a traditional dress?

Pick a dress that fits the ceremony. Pick a ceremony that fits the couple.

HiLLjO Posts : 9 Registered: 2/9/11
Re: Traditional vs Contemporary Wedding Dress
Posted: Feb 9, 2011 1:37 PM Go to message in response to: WeddedBliss

The first answer is pretty good.

I was actually going to be a colored-dress bride until I found MY dress. My compromise to myself was to be a two-dress bride. I'm going to wear my colored short dress for before-pictures and then wear my white one for the ceremony, cake, and first dance. Then I'm changing again.

It doesn't matter how long you plan on what kind of dress because the dress picks YOU. Let it come, have fun trying them on and when you found the dress you'll know. It really is that simple!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine