June 2012 brides. Who's getting married then?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 58

futureswedishbr... Posts : 115 Registered: 7/27/10
June 2012 brides. Who's getting married then?
Posted: Feb 8, 2011 10:48 AM

Hey everyone,

I had to move my May 2012 wedding back to June 9th, 2012. I want to know of anyone who is getting married then that can help and share ideas with.

Jaymee Posts : 143 Registered: 10/6/10
Re: June 2012 brides. Who's getting married then?
Posted: Feb 8, 2011 11:35 AM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

Hi! I'm getting married on June 2, 2012. I've been posting in the July 2012 thread because there wasn't a June 2012 thread started at the time.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

hilaryvansaders... Posts : 1 Registered: 3/10/10
Posted: Feb 8, 2011 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

Hi! I'm getting married June 10, 2012. Where are you guys having your weddings? I'm located in NJ.

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 12:56 PM Go to message in response to: hilaryvansaders...

I'm having mine in Missouri. What are some good colors for a June Wedding?

Jaymee Posts : 143 Registered: 10/6/10
Posted: Feb 9, 2011 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

Well my colors are cream, chocolate and some light blue accents.

I think that you can do whatever colors you want with a June wedding. Pastels, jewel tones, citrus colors, black and white....they all could work.

What are your colors?

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Feb 10, 2011 10:32 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

Hi everyone!! I registered on this site awhile ago as my fiance and I got engaged back in 2007!! We were originally planning to get married June 2011 but due to the fact that we live in a small state (RI) and have a large wedding (300 people) we had an extremely hard time finding a place that could accomodate what we wanted! But we finally found a place and are getting married June 2, 2012!!

So far we have our reception hall and church booked and we are in the process of booking our marriage classes. We have been researching a lot with bands and florists around the area but we haven't made any decisions yet! What has everyone else planned so far?

Posted: Feb 11, 2011 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: Ariana1228

I have the church so far. Other than that, I don't really have anything else planned except the date and my bridesmaids. When I had to push my date back, everything else changed. I'm now having a beach themed wedding. I don't know what colors would go good with that considering the ceremony is at 2 in the afternoon.

AnnaKay12 Posts : 17 Registered: 12/20/10
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 8:51 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

We were originally planning for an April 2012 wedding, but we decided to push the date to June in order to secure our dream venue! Since I was initially planning a spring wedding, I'm also reconsidering color options. We were originally going to try for a pastel palette (not Easter-y looking though, for a lack of better phrasing) but I think I may want to go with a different color scheme now.

@Future: I don't think you can go wrong with splashes of bright colors for a beach themed wedding. Try thinking about the colors you typically see on the beach -- blues, greens -- and if you're someplace tropical, oranges, pinks, yellows, reds... I think you have tons of options! Maybe try doing a google search for "beach themed wedding" for some ideas?

Irony Posts : 1 Registered: 2/3/11
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 8:54 PM Go to message in response to: AnnaKay12

Hi there!

My fiance and I have just set the date for June 24th, 2012 :)

Posted: Feb 16, 2011 10:31 AM Go to message in response to: AnnaKay12

You suggested some wonderful ideas. I think we are going with Kelly Green and Malibu Blue. I seen those two colors when I was on the David's Bridal website and I fell in love with them.

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Feb 17, 2011 8:56 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

We were thinking about going with a berry, pink, or plum color. We had the tiffany blue in our minds for awhile but I think that we would prefer to go with a brighter summery color.

We are planning on taking our wedding party out to dinner to formally ask everyone to be part of the wedding party, but we're not sure if we want to take the guys and the girls out separately or if we want to take everyone out together. What do you guys think?

Posted: Feb 18, 2011 9:59 AM Go to message in response to: Ariana1228

I think you guys should get them somewhere quiet like your house or theirs and ask and then get them together after asking for dinner.

AnnaKay12 Posts : 17 Registered: 12/20/10
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

@future - So I just went on the David's website to see the colors and I think they're gorgeous! They complement one another well and I think they're perfect for a beach theme!

@Ariana - I plan to ask each bridal party member individually first. I sort of take it more as a special, personal moment. Then you can take them all out once you've confirmed that each BM/GM is able to participate in the wedding. However, if you definitely want to ask them in a group, I don't think there's anything wrong with taking them all out together! It's really up to whatever you feel comfortable with.

Posted: Feb 22, 2011 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: AnnaKay12

I like those colors. I'm glad you think they go well with my theme.

BartlettBride2Be Posts : 3 Registered: 11/17/09
Posted: Mar 2, 2011 12:14 AM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

Hi I'm new here and just got engaged over the last weekend. We don't have a date set yet but I'm hoping for a June 9th wedding, as it's my Grandparents 51st Anniversary. But nothing is by any means set in stone!

Looking forward to sharing ideas with other June brides. Our wedding will be in Memphis and I'm really looking towards an outdoor wedding. But I'm still gathering ideas for possible venues at this point.

:)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine