bad breakup...

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

ldspir8princess Posts : 7 Registered: 6/4/08
bad breakup...
Posted: Feb 7, 2011 12:01 AM

K, so I was on here last year when I was engaged to this "great" guy. Well, I found out he was lying to me the entire time we were together. So I broke up with him and now he's been publicly disrespectful about me on Facebook and it really hurts. He's called me stupid, rude, immature, and a whole lot of other things I don't want to repeat. I would like for this to stop but I don't know what to do. I'm honestly afraid to confront him because I don't know how he would react, meaning I don't know if I would come out of it still in one piece. Does anyone have any advice? Should I do anything about it? Or should I keep ignoring him?

Remember, everything will work out in the end. If it hasnt worked out, its not the end.

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Re: bad breakup...
Posted: Feb 7, 2011 8:58 AM Go to message in response to: ldspir8princess

My advice is to keep ignoring him, especially if the situation can turn violent.

If the harassment continues and escalates, then a restraining order would be next on the list.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Feb 7, 2011 10:35 AM Go to message in response to: ldspir8princess

dear LD,

"Or should I keep ignoring him?"

Keep on ignoring him. Block him from your FB account.

People like that feed on attention, even negative attention. You, on the other hand, are a busy woman with lots of things to do and don't have much time left over to worry about what a guy who cheats and lies thinks of you.

Focus on your bright future and go out and meet other men. In time, this guy will occupy a diminishing fraction of your energy.

If he makes threats or acts in any way to compromise your safety, then take those threats to the police and get a restraining order.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Feb 12, 2011 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: ldspir8princess

I would ignore him, I hope you have defriended him. I would also personally block him.

That's me. You move on and hopefully he will too. Also if you have any mutual friends, you may want to put it out there that you have no interest in discussing any $hit he's posting on facebook. If they persist, rethink the friendship. It's time to be adult about this (not that you haven't from your post, I'm just saying....).

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Feb 12, 2011 9:30 PM Go to message in response to: ldspir8princess

I know everyone says ignore him...and I do agree with that. However, also contact Facebook regarding a TOS violation.

I have a friend who has is being bullied and harassed by her sister. She's not responding. She has blocked her. Etc. She has not spoken to this woman for close to a year, and her sister is STILL doing this crap.

Contact Facebook. Keep records. And do not respond to him.

Misty

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 10:51 AM Go to message in response to: ldspir8princess

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 7:50 PM Go to message in response to: ldspir8princess

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45678.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 17, 2012 8:38 PM Go to message in response to: ldspir8princess

A-line Saphhire Floral One-shoulder Drape Side Slit Backless Floor-length Prom Dress
Save up to 32% off on New Trend Prom Dress,the price is just $149.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-saphhire-floral-oneshoulder-drape-side-slit-backless-floorlength-prom-dress-p-31718.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine