Wedding Party options

Online Users: 1,288 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

kakers Posts : 12 Registered: 1/22/11
Wedding Party options
Posted: Jan 23, 2011 2:48 PM

So I have realized now that we are starting to plan things, that I only have 2 girls who I would like as attendants (my sister, and my little sister) and I have one close male friend who I would LOVE to include in the wedding party.

Now, I know that it ultimately is whatever I want to do, but I'd like opinions.

I can either put him on my side, or I can "trade"- put some of FIs close girl friends on my side and put my best friend on his so the guys and girls are each on the same side. I'm not so concerned with it being even, but I don't want it to be SO uneven as to have 2 girls on my side, and like 5-6 guys (one my best friend) on his.

~Katy

josie1986 Posts : 18 Registered: 1/3/11
Re: Wedding Party options
Posted: Jan 23, 2011 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: kakers

He doesn't have to be a groomsman. You can give him a smaller part in the wedding like to be an usher or just have him read a prayer right before the ceremony.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jan 23, 2011 4:27 PM Go to message in response to: kakers

Katy - You just need to discuss it with your FH. It's totally OK to have your guy friend on your side or your FH's. It depends on what you both decide.

Uneven sides are not a big deal - However, I also understand not wanting them to be so uneven.

Just discuss it between the two of you and try to figure out what you want to do. :-)

Good luck!

kakers Posts : 12 Registered: 1/22/11
Posted: Jan 23, 2011 6:17 PM Go to message in response to: josie1986

Those options are just too small. He is my best friend, the one who had a friend drive him (because he was too young to drive) to my house when my first boyfriend broke up with me just to give me a hug, who has been known to drive 9 hours to visit me on a whim, who invited me to spend a week with his family when they rented a beach house. I want him to have a big part in the wedding to reflect how big a part he has in my life :)

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Jan 23, 2011 6:59 PM Go to message in response to: kakers

Dear Kakers,

There is nothing wrong with:

Uneven sides
Men on the bride's side
Women on the groom's side.

Brides have brothers and grooms have sisters. That's not exactly a news flash. If this guy is so close to you and so much a part of your life, then by all means ask him to be there for you on your side with the bridesmaids. So long as FH agrees, then go for it.

He need not be in the bridal procession, if he doesn't want to do that. He can enter the church from a side door, with the other men, then just go stand on your side. Ask him to wear clothes similar to those of the groomsmen, but with different details.

Seriously, that can work. I'm all for it.

AnnaKay12 Posts : 17 Registered: 12/20/10
Posted: Jan 23, 2011 7:12 PM Go to message in response to: kakers

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a male attendant on your side. If he's your best friend, then he should stand with you. That's what I would do!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine