February 2012 Wedding anyone???

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

MrsJoshuaRayMin... Posts : 11 Registered: 8/18/09
February 2012 Wedding anyone???
Posted: Jan 16, 2011 9:44 PM

We've set our date for February 11, 2012. We are so excited but have many questions that we need answers for. Like what should our colors be? We don't want to use red! Even though the date is so close to Valentine's Day, I hate the color red. We are getting married at a local home that is available for rent for special events. It is a three story white home with a beautiful wrap around porch! It is absolutely gorgeous. Been thinking about pink and gold but I have been seeing photos from the Knot.com of weddings that incorporate Pink, Yellow, and Orange and it looks great, just not sure how I could pull that off for a spring wedding. Any ideas?

evie19 Posts : 35 Registered: 1/16/11
Re: February 2012 Wedding anyone???
Posted: Jan 17, 2011 8:00 AM Go to message in response to: MrsJoshuaRayMin...

Hello Mrs Joshua!! This is my first post. :)
I am getting married Feb. 2012, we are finalizing the exact date in the next month.

I am definitely also not using the color red. I am thinking, white, ivory, green, and metallics- either silver, gold, pewter, etc....but nothing is set in stone yet.

I like that you are going to incorporate color though. I think you could manage to use pink and orange with a more winter mood rather than spring- would you be opposed to a deeper, darker color orange with gold accents? and pale pink instead of bright pink? That is what is coming to mind right now. I'm sure if you talk to your florist he/she could give you lots of ideas based on their experience.

Good luck! The house where you are having the reception sounds gorgeous!

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 11:13 AM Go to message in response to: evie19

Below is a photo of our ceremony cite before it was restored.

Photobucket

Then here it is again, this photo was taken December 2010.

Photobucket

Congratulations on your February 2012 wedding! What kind of location are you considering.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Jan 17, 2011 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: MrsJoshuaRayMin...

Dear Mrs J,

Oh, yes, red in February is entirely overdone.

Do you live in a warmer climate? February can feel like spring in some parts of the world. If so, why not mix up a palette of spring pastel colors?

(I am weary of the "usual" two-color themes at weddings. I really like seeing a mix of many coordinating colors. Pastels in spring work. Similarly, jewel colors in winter, primaries in summer and fall leaf colors in autumn look great.)

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: Aunt

We live in Myrtle Beach South Carolina. We usually have a fairly warm February but last year it decided to snow around the same day that we have our wedding planned for next year so we never know what to expect.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Jan 17, 2011 12:15 PM Go to message in response to: MrsJoshuaRayMin...

Dear Mrs J,

Let's just call it a Freak Snowstorm.

If you like the idea of spring colors, I'd just take the optimistic approach and go with the pastels. If it blizzards that day, well, you'll just have a good laugh and a great story to tell of your wedding day.

"There we were, in 6" of snow, with pastel pink, pastel green, pastel peach..."

bearma Posts : 23 Registered: 12/9/07
Posted: Jan 18, 2011 12:29 AM Go to message in response to: MrsJoshuaRayMin...

So glad you started this thread! Congratulations on the upcoming weddings Ladies!

MrsJosh- the venue looks beautiful. I think your colors sound great. Can you link the pictures you were looking at? If you are thinking it will look to summery, you could just stay away from tropical looking decor and you should be fine.

We are also thinking of Feb 11, 2012. I can't finalize the date until March of this year though because that's when FH will know when he can get time off from work.

I think I might go with wintery white palette- ivory, silver, and wheat. It's a little different than "all white," but i do like the monochromatic effect. I have no samples of how it will look though so I'm not sure. We've always talked of a winter cabin theme to evoke the feeling of our first vacation together.

I'm also kind of freaked out by the snow. Feb 2010 we had 2 huge snow storms here - about 40 inch of snow in less than a week and it crippled everything.

evie19 Posts : 35 Registered: 1/16/11
Posted: Jan 18, 2011 5:45 PM Go to message in response to: MrsJoshuaRayMin...

Ohhhh Mrs Joshua, that house and land is stunning! Great great choice.

We are having our wedding at a very historic classical hotel in Athens, Greece- the Grande Bretagne. It has been our dream.

ps sorry for the late reply, Ive been traveling.

amorrow11161710 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/6/10
Posted: Jan 19, 2011 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: evie19

Personally I think whatever colors you want to use at any time of the year are completely fine! It's your wedding day after all ;) Florists can work with you on the color scheme because there are so many options for flowers any time of the year. I am using colored vases for my Myrtle Beach wedding with mostly white flowers.

kimberly3880 Posts : 1 Registered: 8/30/11
Posted: Aug 30, 2011 8:31 AM Go to message in response to: MrsJoshuaRayMin...

Our wedding is 2/20/2012. We will be getting married in Maine...alot of out of town guest/stationed at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.
This is tough...having no help financially-so trying to be budget friendly!

Future_MrsMiner Posts : 1 Registered: 11/21/10
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 9:53 PM Go to message in response to: MrsJoshuaRayMin...

We're getting married ON Valentine's Day (well technically the ceremony is at night lol)! My dress is red, but we aren't really decorating for the holiday..we're having a simple, private, small ceremony in the sun porch of my gram's house (we live in Maine..it's a little chilly to have s ceremony outside at 7:30pm in the middle of February lol). We've planned this all within the last week (after being engaged for 17 months).

Edited by: Future_MrsMiner on Feb 8, 2012 9:54 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine