Today we picked out my ring

Online Users: 1,264 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

gracefulbride Posts : 3 Registered: 12/20/10
Today we picked out my ring
Posted: Dec 21, 2010 12:31 AM

I know it is nontraditional for the bride to pick out her own ring, but today we went and picked out my ring. He gave his opinions when he had them on what he thought, but overall he let me pick. I really wanted to.

He hasn't proposed yet. He just randomly suggested going to look and try on ones I like. Neither of us thought we'd be coming home with one the same day, but that ring picked me. It happens. I love it!!!!! I love my future hubs so much!!!

We also looked at rings for him. He picked one he wanted but we got a $300 credit at the store I got my ring at so we'll probably get his there. I'll still get him the original one he wanted (I have to ask him what he wants to do), but he was acting like he wanted one from there after hearing about the credit. What can I say, he's very logistical and rings mean nothing to him anyway.

I told him my ring is his to hang on to until he proposes. When, where, and how he does it is all his choice.

What do ya think?

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Today we picked out my ring
Posted: Dec 21, 2010 10:37 AM Go to message in response to: gracefulbride

Dear GB,

"I know it is nontraditional for the bride to pick out her own ring,"

Not at all. Lots of women pick out their own rings. I did.

" When, where, and how he does it is all his choice. "

Then, try really hard to put it out of your mind. Nothing spoils a surprise like the person anticipating it at ever moment. When I want to put something of my mind, I use a mind game where I take the disallowed thought and mentally lock it in a trunk and throw away the key.

By the way, you are essentially "unofficially" engaged. That is the step where the two have agreed, privately, to marry, but have told no one else. (Except an anonymous message board on the Internet!!!)

The proposal, ring-wearing and rooftop-shouting will make it official.

SRNtobe Posts : 2 Registered: 12/30/08
Posted: Dec 21, 2010 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: gracefulbride

I'm in the same boat! My bf insisted I go with him because he wanted to make sure he got a ring that I would be happy wearing everyday. We also went ahead and got it sized so I can start wearing it as soon as he proposes.

Now I just have to wait until he's ready! Could be Christmas...could be our anniversary (Jan 4)...In the mean time, I'll be a bit of a wreck!

AnnaKay12 Posts : 17 Registered: 12/20/10
Posted: Dec 21, 2010 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: SRNtobe

Try not to think about it! I didn't pick out my own ring, but I was anticipating a proposal on my birthday since we'd been talking about getting engaged for so long. My FH knows I love surprises so he threw me for a loop by proposing on HIS birthday instead! Granted, we're only 6 days apart, but since I wasn't expecting it to happen that day I was pleasantly surprised! And I wouldn't have it any other way :)

MrsJoshuaRayMin... Posts : 11 Registered: 8/18/09
Posted: Jan 16, 2011 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: gracefulbride

Just a couple of weeks ago my bf and I sat down in his parents living room and got online and bought my ring. We both are from pretty wealthy families but my ring was only $50. So just like you I am waiting for him to propose, we already have our date set and everything. So don't worry about not following tradition. If we had, I would have not picked the ring and he would have probably spent a ridiculous amount of money on a ring that means nothing. This world is so materialistic, getting married isn't about getting diamonds its about defining your love for each other! And I am so excited about doing that!!!

cellabowi Posts : 6 Registered: 10/13/11
Posted: Oct 14, 2011 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: gracefulbride

This is so cute! I actually had a couple of friends who went ring shopping together and with the now wife's mother. They all decided on a ring together (the wife in mob have very similar tastes).
Still, the now husband hadn't proposed and was going to figure out when he would. She was left in a lot of suspense, but it was so worth the wait. His proposal to her was so unique and loving.
I think that this a lovely way to do things. Now, you just get to be excited about the proposal as opposed to wondering if he wants to get married.
I'm very happy for you!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 10:13 AM Go to message in response to: gracefulbride

Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine