May 2012

Online Users: 1,363 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 2

justletherplanit Posts : 1 Registered: 1/16/11
May 2012
Posted: Jan 16, 2011 3:29 PM

Hello,

I'm know that most men do not have a brides.com account, but I needed help with a question. So thank you for not judging. :)

My fiance and I originally planned for our wedding to be in October 2011. I had a problem with my job and we had to move the wedding back to early May. We set a date for a Sunday, and still plan on having an h'ordeuvres reception with a champange toast, cake, a little dancing- basically something relaxed is what we both wanted.

Here is the problem: We set the date, and changed it with our vendors who were all very understanding. The issue now is that my fiance was accepted into a nursing program that she didn't believe she had any hope of getting into. She will be graduating May 5, 2012; our wedding is May 6, 2012.

We already had to move the date once for me, and she hates Summer; so to move the date again, we would have to move it to Fall 2012, when she will take her NCLEX exam and begin search for a nursing job.

I love this woman dearly, she is my heart and soul. With the other issues surrounding us getting married (mostly people thinking we are too young and our parents health issues), I am afraid of moving the date even more.

Should we move the date or keep it the same?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

kakers Posts : 12 Registered: 1/22/11
Re: May 2012
Posted: Jan 23, 2011 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: justletherplanit

Hi there! To be honest I think it is perfect for her graduation to be the day before. Graduation takes no planning, it's generally in the morning so it will not interfere with the rehearsal or rehearsal dinner. It may be tight fitting in last-minute things that day but I think it is doable.

I think the best part about it would be that out of town relatives would have the opportunity to not only attend the wedding but her graduation as well, who otherwise would have liked to be at the graduation but can't make two separate trips.

The other option is that participating in the graduation ceremony is typically optional, so if she decides it is too much she can skip the graduation.

It sounds as though you really do not want to change the date of the wedding again, and especially as you mentioned parents health I think keeping it where it is makes sense. I'm not sure where your parents live, but having it the same weekend means that THEY, if she participates in graduation, will be able to be there for both which I'm sure would be very important for her family.

~Katy

josie1986 Posts : 18 Registered: 1/3/11
Re: May 2012
Posted: Jan 23, 2011 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: justletherplanit

No matter what happens, there will always be something else that comes up. I'm not saying this will happen but if you move it to fall, you're going to find out your sister's having a baby and the wedding conflicts, you move it to Feruary, then it's too close to Valentine's, you move it to any other day, it will conflict with life. You just need to drive a stake into the ground and say this is the date the wedding will be. Rain, shine, snow or hurricane, nothing is stopping this wedding.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine