The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 1,296 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Jan 6, 2011 11:21 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Wow, NJ I know it sounds silly (and I'm sure it hasn't to you) but it seems like your pregnancy has gone by fast, lol! I can't wait to feel kicks and jabs. Bring it on baby!

wedding ticker for myspace  BabyFruit Ticker

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Jan 6, 2011 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I try not to complain about being pregnant b/c I know I have it really good. It's been uneventful and very easy. But I really doubt I will miss it! I still do have the aches and pains and I reallllly miss my old body and having more than 5 clothing choices each morning! And God darnit, I want to wear my cute heels again!! Not these frumpy, schleppy sneakers.

I am meeting w/ my boss today about my leave. She agrees that I should take the week off before my DD (DD is a Saturday). I am extremely uncomfortable about having something happen (or start happening) at work. And turns out, so is she! I can just imagine my water breaking and EVERYONE just going into a state of panic and making everything worse. And once labor starts, you're not supposed to drive, so I'd either have to wait here for DH or have someone drive me to the hospital and it might not be time to go yet. And I wouldn't have my things...and UGH. It just sounds awful. So I am hoping I can get away w/ using 5 sick days for that week and having my FMLA kick in the following Monday. So I technically have 5 weeks of work left, provided she doesnt come before Feb 11!

DH is going to be home for 3 weeks with me. He gets paid leave from work (I know, jealous!!). I'm a little torn on it, but hey, its paid, I won't be alone and he can drive me places and re-heat food or something.

I am so stoked to not have to come here for at least 3 months! And I am hoping I can do something PT here from home for another couple months after that.

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jan 6, 2011 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Glad to hear that your boss and you are on the same page. It's so close for you!

It's still very surreal over here, even though the baby's kicking. My hospital is literally less than a block walk from work so I'm not so concerned about working, BUT if things don't go as smoothly, I may not be able to work. I'm trying not to worry about that.

I have to get more info, but I think the sick time and vacation time I can use is very limited, even though I have vaca time banked. I do get 6 weeks of FMLA paid at 60% which is WAY better than nothing.

DH is planning on taking off for 5-6 weeks, I may kill him, so he may go back sooner. LOL Seriously though, I'm happy to not be alone. He has to use vacation time, but has tons banked so he'll get paid 100%.

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

oh yea, DH can take up to 12 weeks paid paternity leave. Without even having to touch his vacation/sick/personal time. And he gets full benefits too. When he heard this he was like WHAT!??! Its just so sucky that he can't take it after MY 12 weeks are up. It has to be from the day she is born and on. So he's just going to take 3 weeks of that and then probably a week's vacation towards the end of my leave. He also gets 4 weeks vacation regardless so thats a total of 7 weeks this year that he can help or whatever.

I'm just not sure there is going to be much for 2 people to do in the very early weeks, but it will be nice to have him home to at least let me sleep and shower!

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Jan 7, 2011 10:17 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

NJ, I can't believe it almost time for you to have the baby! Does it feel like time flew by? I already know the answer to that! LOL

I'm so glad that your hubby will be there to help you. Trust me you will need it. Sometimes first time mommies want to try and do it all with no help. I know beccause that was me. I wanted to prove that I can still cook, clean, and take care of the baby, because my husband had to go back to work after only a few days off!

Anyway, I ended up running myself in the ground and that's when the postpartum depression kicked in. Now I feel like if I had a little more help, then I would not have gotten so depressed.

So my advice is to take as easy as you can, and when someone offers to help you, please give them something to do!

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

Thanks, Diva! I totally hear you on that. And yes, I am defintely not the "asking for help" type. And It's probably just because I have never done this so I have no clue what to expect. Which is also pretty ironic b/c when it comes to housework and stuff like cooking I'm really not the "go getter" type! :)

I really do have the most awesome DH who will do anything to help me. He has been great throughout my pregnancy and I know he's going to be an amazing dad. And I am lucky to be near my mom, MIL and sister.

So I am going to just repeat your post in my head anytime I feel like "i can do this alone" when I know I probably should just take the offer of help!

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

So I am going to just repeat your post in my head anytime I feel like "i can do this alone" when I know I probably should just take the offer of help!

I've had a number of friends remind me of that as well. Guess we know my personality type. LOL

My DH doesn't cook. He cleans when I tell him what to do - and I mean I can't just say Clean the bathroom. I have to say Clean the bathroom - This means, clean the toilet, wipe the back, Clean the sink, shake out the rug, scrub the tub and floor.

He DOES do laundry, dishes, cleans litter boxes (though we've had some run ins on that too) and he's more then willing to help out as long as I let him know what needs to be done. I WISH he could just see what needs to be done and do it, but he's not wired that way. I think he'll be a great Dad, but I may have to throw out his computer.

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

DH cleans circles around me. And sometimes it pisses me off b/c he tends to be a little like a Nazi about it. Like when we had our blizzard after Christmas and he had to devise a whole plan of how to arrange the mats by the door so we didnt drag salt and cat litter in. I was like, Dude it takes me 4 seconds to clean the floor with the swiffer, please just calm down! He likes things a certain way and b/c of that he will do things his certain way and I do mine my way. We always joke that when he goes away for a weekend he comes home to a total pig sty. I can't help it!

But I cook ALL the meals, he never does. So thats the trade off! Sometimes I get annoyed that he doesn't cook, then I remember that I never clean so it works out and I shut up!

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I cook - he does dishes. But he is incapable of stacking the tupperware and putting it away. The whole like goes in like becomes SHOVE it in the cabinet. And then it all falls on me when I open the cabinet, so he's not allowed to put it away. I do that. Then I don't get annoyed every time I open the cabinet.

Neither of us is a good housekeeper, but when I clean the house I CLEAN the house. He does a half assed job. I usually either ignore it because at least he did something, or I go behind him and finish it. But I found by leaving a 'detailed' list, while it might not be how I would have done it, it's done well enough I can live with it. If that makes sense.

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jan 8, 2011 1:43 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

NJ, I can't believe you're so close either! So exciting!

Ditto what Diva said. Even just moral support is good in the beginning because you have this little being that can't do much yet, and if you don't have any help you're often eating with one hand, prepping your own breakfast and lunch with one hand and dropping shit all the time b/c you're one-handed AND sleep-deprived, and on and on.

Plus, even though hopefully you won't end up with a C-section, on the off chance you do, you will need help lifting the baby and putting it down. Every time probably. Into the crib, into the car seat, moving the little one from one room to the other--and you will need that help pretty much a full 6 weeks.

So that's my advice to anyone who may end up with a C-section. Don't make the mistake of being too independent and thinking you can do it all yourself and let your husband sleep. You can't. You will hurt yourself. Even if you have to wake up with the baby every hour during the night because it wants to eat, let hubby lift him/her and give him/her to you, and wake him back up to put baby back when you're done with the feeding.

*********End C-section PSA

preview image

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Jan 11, 2011 8:40 AM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

Morning ladies,

This is going to be a long post. I'm back at work :(. We had a great time in PR. Dylan did so good during the flights and the whole time we were there. We though he's sleeping schedule was going to get mess up, but it didn't. He was happy and playing all the time with my nephew. He said a few words in Spanish. My dad is so exited he said grandpa and my mom is jealous, lol. He loved the beach. He cried when we took him out. He ate all kind of puertorican food and liked them. My parents celebrated his bday or should I said 11 months on 3 kings day. When we were singing happy bday, he was staring at everybody and we a look of wondering what is going on, lol. It was so cute. I'm happy he didn't get too many gifts over there, lol. We had to borrow two backs from my parents.

We went to see my aunt a few times. She was so happy to meet him. But she's at the nursing home my grandpa was and is not like it was back them. She's on little corner, separated with a curtain from the other ladies. Is so sad to see her like that when she can be at her house. But her DH chooses to put her there.

It was a little overwhelmed at times. But overall a good trip. It was sad to said goodbye. I could tell how hard it was for my parents, sister and nephew. I'm trying to get them to come here in the summer. I'm hoping we can go again for the holidays this year.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Jan 11, 2011 8:49 AM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Hi ladies, needing LOTS of prayers today for my friend and her baby!! Last night her 2 month old stopped breathing, they had to do CPR and she started breathing again but was taken to the hospital by ambulance. They did an xray and she has a swollen intestine. So they transferred her to another hospital. She was on monitors all night and when I talked to her mom she was doing ok. They are going to do another xray this morning to see what's going on. I feel so badly for them, I can't imagine how terrifying that all has to be!! So any and all prayers are MUCH appreciated!

Thanks ladies!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Posted: Jan 11, 2011 8:51 AM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Sy - I'm glad that the trip to PR went so well. Though I'm sorry about where your Aunt has been placed, but glad you got to see her and she got to meet Dylan.

Sounds like you all had a blast!

I'm home sick today. My DH had a cold and I think I've got it - BUT it's already in my chest and it never went to his. So that's lovely. But I'm prone to bronchitis/pneumonia - so it's probably settling in there for the long haul. I can't tell you how much that thrills me. But there's no point in going and getting checked out now - it's just the beginnings of a cold I can feel squatting in my chest.

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Jan 11, 2011 8:57 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm, hope you feel better soon. Is better to stay at home and rest. One of my friends is prone to bronchitis/pneumonia also, got a cold when she was prego and ended up in a bronchitis.

Yes we had a great time. I'm happy Dylan is a good traveler.

Brooke, I'll have your friend and baby in my prayers.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Posted: Jan 11, 2011 9:03 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Oh no Brooke! Absolutely prayers and positive, healing thoughts being sent. That has to be terrifying.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine