vera wang dress

Online Users: 1,316 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

sf Posts : 12 Registered: 1/5/11
vera wang dress
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 4:57 PM

would love some advice on vera wang dresses...im seriously considering a trip to NYC to try on some vera wang dresses. Does anyone know...do they keep a full supply of all ranges in the store all thee time? I can see online you can view the collections for 2009, 2010, and 2011..will they only have 2011 dresses in store now or can you order from previous collections? What price ranges do the dresses fall into? Has anyone visited the store in NYC? Also, does anyone know how to view the vera wang bridesmaid dress collection online?

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: vera wang dress
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: sf

Dear SF,

I can't give you advice on Vera Wang in NYC, sorry!

However, this kind of message attracts the counterfeit vendors like honey attracts flies. Be prepared for a bunch of sites that promise "Vera Wang inspired" (ie counterfeit) dresses, usually of dubious quality.

The moderators try to delete these posts as quickly as possible. We call them Evil Vendors.

AnnaKay12 Posts : 17 Registered: 12/20/10
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 8:22 PM Go to message in response to: sf

I don't have any experience with this either, but my suggestion would be to call the bridal salon you plan to visit and ask them these questions directly. They may not be willing to talk specific prices over the phone, but they can certainly answer your questions about selection, etc.

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 7:37 AM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Thank you so much for the advice-I really appreciate it. You may have saved me from a complete disaster!

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 7:37 AM Go to message in response to: AnnaKay12

Thanks so much Anna :-)

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Jan 6, 2011 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: sf

Hi SF,

Select styles from previous collections should be available, but generally all styles from past collections are not kept on hand.

I'm not sure where you are located, but another option is to contact local salons and ask about trunk shows. A salon in your area may only carry two or three Vera Wang gowns, but when a trunk show is held, all of the samples from the current collection are shipped to the store.

If you call the Vera Wang salon they should be able to help you. 212-628-3400

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 1:56 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Thanks so much for all the information. Do you have any idea what the price range is?

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Jan 7, 2011 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: sf

It would depend entirely on the dress, but I think their wedding gowns start in the neighborhood of $5,000.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine