The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I really don't get why they're giving you a hard time with not wanting to know the sex of the baby. What did people do before ultrasounds? OMG! Natural childbirth- my grandma grew up in a small town in Mexico where there are no hospitals. My mom was born fine. Obviously women did it then; so what makes it impossible now?

I guess if it was your fifth kid (ok why not find out?) But your first? Second, Third? Who cares!

Edited by: mrscreamer2be on Jan 4, 2011 5:15 PM

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 5:08 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

If they live closeby(wedding location), then I don't think it would make too much of a difference. If there are extreme weather differences between dates, it might be something to consider. Babies can't be in extreme weather.

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 6:06 PM Go to message in response to: mrscreamer2be

They live about 2 hours away. The weather might be really hot or possibly rainy in either month so that's why I'd like somewhere where inside is a possibility, either to get out of the heat or the rain.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 6:39 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

I don't know Beeble - I'm thinking a little later might be better if her due date changes and is moved back, she goes late, etc.

But I haven't had to deal with a baby 24/7.

I really hope I get a good night's sleep tonight.

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 7:52 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Nat, hope you are doing better. Can your FH bring the twins to the hospital at least for a little bit? One of my friends from work was bedrested with her triplets and had a 5 months baby girl. Every day after work, her DH bring the baby. The triplets were premies but they all did well and now are 9 yrs old.

Pharm, I'm so sorry for your lost. I think the way you feel today is a combination of everything. No need to apologyze. I, like you, don't forget things and sometimes with some ppl I have a hard time to letting things go. I tend to bottle up. I'm working to get better.

NJ, I live outside Philly, but work in NE Philly.

Beeble, maybe you can ask them what would be a better date? We didn't go out with Dylan that much until he got his shots at two months. We didn't want him to get sick and ppl touching/holding him without any immunization. Maybe they can find a sitter? Hope this help.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 9:38 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Thanks Sy.

Beeble - Sy has a really good point about the vaccinations. Also, I know you really want your brother there - BUT you also need to realize that things may occur that don't allow him to attend. So I would just keep that in mind. Sucks but it's true. And having it in May would probably not be any more of a guarantee. If there are any complications at the tail end, she may not be able to travel and he may not want to leave her.

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Morning ladies!

Beeble, I know you want your brother at the wedding, trust me, I'm very close to my brother. However, he may have to make the trip alone, or not come at all.

I think you may be okay having an August wedding. Even though the baby will be very young, the drive is only two hours.

Besides when Jordin (my daughter) was only 3 weeks old, my family threw my grandmother a 95th b-day party. I took the baby, and kept her in her car seat. Kind of like a "look, but don't touch policy"! It worked out fine and it was good to get out of the house.

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Beeble-it probably doesn't make a difference since it's only a month. I think you would just need to be prepared that SIL may not come if she doesnt feel comfortable with taking the baby. But like DivaBride said, she might WANT to get out!

My sister is currently planning my nephew's Christening for early March which puts my baby at like 2-3 weeks old. Which even puts ME at probably stil feeling the effects of childbirth and stuff too. But I already told DH if I can't make it, then he might have to go alone and rep the family. Plus I also thought I wasn't comfortable bringing her around all those people so early on. But like DivaBride said too, maybe people will be smart and not touch her. Depends on the weather too.

Unfortunately your brother and SIL really wont be able to make the decision until the baby is here though.

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Yes you are all right. It probably won't make a difference between one month or two. And if my brother can and my SIL can't perhaps he will just make the trip on his own. My FH and I decided that we are not going to worry about planning around other people and just do what we want and when we want to do it. And if something happens and ppl can't make it well then they can come visit us after the honeymoon = )

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 7:43 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

I only had time to scan. But wanted to say:

Nat, I hope things are going better. That's got to be hard to be away from your other two babies.

Pharm, I'm so sorry about your friend. What a shock.

Also, reading about your MIL pisses ME off. To an extent she sounds like my mother, but at least it's my mother so I have more rein to say what I think.

In case it helps, I have adopted a "less is more" approach. My mom constantly has opinions about everything, they're almost always unasked for, and she likes to "discuss" things waaaaaaayyyyy more than I do.

So I may have mentioned this before, but now I have adopted my DH's approach to things. A very guy approach to things. I have a hard time letting what my mom says just go by or roll off my back. So she'll say "Blah blah blah I thought you were going to do X but now you're going to do Y and isn't X better than Y?"

Me: "No."

Her: "Oh." And maybe something additional, but my next response is similar to the first.

Still gets to me, but her "discussions" are over much faster that way, and I don't have to explain anything I'm not in the mood to explain. Which is most of the time.

preview image

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 7:59 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

Thanks Happy on both counts. She's not that bad but there are times when it all comes up along with everything else.

When my SIL told them she was expecting but wanted to wait until 16 weeks to tell 'everyone' my MIL started on her 2 miscarriages (she told me one) and how someone else she knew lost a baby at 6 months. WTF?

Now, my MIL's not the only one who does $hit like that but WHY do you find the need to say that???

Anyhow, I had a rough day yesterday as evidenced and last night was just toast when I got home. So DH was getting Chinese for dinner. His Mom called about something else and he proceeded to tell her that I has a bad/rough day as I'm frantically making cut motions. He did shorten that and just said it was a bad day at work. I love him but man alive! LOL

She accidentally called me this morning and we chatted. I told her about the great curtains my Mom made for the nursery and she seemed put out - not that she sews mind you. So since she seemed down I invited her over to help with the painting.

That seemed to help. We'll see.

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Posted: Jan 6, 2011 9:06 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm, I'm sorry about your friend and also sorry for the MIL issues.

I love my MIL dearly but she is a drama queen. It makes things very challenging at times. She means well but has a tendency to overreact and then the drama starts! She tries to stay out of my business as I'm very close with my family and she knows that. I try to include her but honestly my family is just so much more low key. I hate tension and sometimes I think as much as she claims to hate it she thrives on it...

So is it awful that I can't wait to find out what we're having!?!? It's a litte less than 2 weeks away and I swear the day can't get here fast enough! I think since I'm not feeling the baby move and I've been feeling so much better that seeing the baby and being able to connect with it will help get me amped up again. I've had a lot of lower abdominal pressure. Not necessarily cramping but just pressure and discomfort. Does this sounds familiar to anyone?

wedding ticker for myspace  BabyFruit Ticker

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 9:58 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Totally get what you are saying MrsPaul. And I really almost caved on the sex.

I didn't feel movement until about week 19 or 20. Now, my weight could have factored into that - I'm heavy. And it turns out that my placenta is to the front of my cervix, so it's cushioning the baby's movement so until it had gotten stronger, I didn't feel it move as much. I'm feeling A LOT more now, but there are still long periods of time when I don't feel the baby move.

We had an ultrasound at week 13, so I had seen the baby really formed, etc. But at 22 weeks, the baby was grabbing it's feet and everything - very surreal. My DH felt it move yesterday morning for the first time. He was TOO cute about it.

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Jan 6, 2011 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Mrs Paul, it's probably just your uterus pushing on things it never pushed on before... My belly is getting heavy now, so by the end of the day, anytime I am standing it's very tight and weighing me down! I defintely have the pregnancy waddle down pat now.

I felt the baby for the first time around week 16 and it didnt occur to me for a couple days. At first you only feel the movements a couple times a day when you're really paying attention. Now I am at the point where it's almost all day, even when she is sleeping, and I get the famous Lump on my Bump! I love playing Guess That Baby Part. But most of the time it's uncomfortable. I do miss the more obvious kicks and punches...

Anyway I am going to start working on my hospital bag this weekend. I can't believe it. I am also going to work on the room and get some more stuff organized. I am getting REALLY excited now and I am also really excited to not be pregnant anymore. Although I have heard it's weird to not feel a baby inside you anymore at first. I just can't wait to see what she looks like and to hold her. It's really turning me into a mush.

Then a few short months later, my BFF will be having her baby. Its exciting!

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Gees NJ - I can't believe that it's SO close! LOL My one gf missed being pregnant, but I've heard different things on that. She had a very easy pregnancy overall - she'd even tell you that.

With the movement I had a lot of people tell me you'll feel butterflies. Nope, no butterflies for me. But I felt the baby move before the kick, but most every time it happened when I was lying down for bed or sitting. Now I'm starting to feel the kid more when I'm doing things. LOL

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine