Help! Anyone know who designs this dress?

Online Users: 1,355 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 4

kapowilicious Posts : 2 Registered: 1/4/11
Help! Anyone know who designs this dress?
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 12:56 AM

I can only find this dress on the "order from china" websites. Does anyone recognize it??? I'm assuming they are making knock-offs of some designer, but I have no idea! Help!!!
(it is the satin v-neck, wm-0278. Follow link below)

http://www.idealweddingdresses.com/cheap-satin-sexy-v-neck-with-top-beaded-shoulder-straps-and-emire-rouched-cross-column-slim-skirt-in-lower-back-and-zipper-closure-2010-informal-wedding-dress-wm-0278-1739.html

WoostaBride Posts : 220 Registered: 6/8/09
Re: Help! Anyone know who designs this dress?
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 7:31 PM Go to message in response to: kapowilicious

Not sure, but whatever you do don't buy from that sight!!

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 11:54 PM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

Yep, never buy from that site.

That model has done work on Maggie Sottero before, but I don't recognize the background of the picture.

This could be explained if the dress is discontinued. I'm not saying it is, but it would be a reason why this Chinese knock-off has the dress when no one else does.

Good luck!

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 12:43 AM Go to message in response to: WellWisher

So, to follow up...

Did some research for ya. I've got good news and bad news.

Good News: I found the background and model that wears the dress on Maggie Sottero. Many models wear dresses dresses with the same background, so it is very safe to say the dress is a Maggie.

Bad News: The dress isn't on their official website anymore, so I'm 99% sure it's discontinued.

Good News: It's your lucky day. I was dress shopping myself today and I spoke with a shop owner who dropped the Maggie Sottero line from her store. She said she did this because the Sottero lines tend to take a dress, chance something about the gown, call it something else, and sell it as something completely new. She said this was good for some brides who want to have "the only dress," "the new dress," or "the last dress," but it was very expensive and not very productive for shop owners to try to keep up with her. So chances are you can go to either Maggie Sottero or Sottero and Midgely and find something very similar, that you may possibly like more.

Hope this helps! Good luck with the hunt!

P.S. Piece of advice on dress shopping: stop looking at the websites. It'll look completely different on you anyway, you might fall in love with something beyond your budget, and dress shops that carry lines don't carry every dress from the line. So even if you find the perfect dress online, it could be very difficult to find it in store.

kapowilicious Posts : 2 Registered: 1/4/11
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 9:23 AM Go to message in response to: kapowilicious

Thanks everyone for your help. I really appreciate you guys using your "know how" to figure it out. And I'm glad to have the name of a designer that I like anyway :) I know I might not like it on, but I've gotta start somewhere, right???

Thanks again!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine