January 2011 Bride-Where do I start?!?!

Online Users: 1,328 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

biancayoung Posts : 1 Registered: 9/13/10
January 2011 Bride-Where do I start?!?!
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 5:45 PM

I've been engaged since March of this year and I'm just starting to plan my wedding. I have no idea of where to start, what to do and how to do it. I promise you I'm really smart (strong financial background), but weddings and relationships are just not my thing. Please help me before I already start to pull my hair out!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: January 2011 Bride-Where do I start?!?!
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: biancayoung

Dear Bianca,

Whoa, you don't have much time. It is possible to plan a wedding in four months (I did) but you'll have to cut some corners.

What kind of wedding do you have in mind?

Full blown church with multiple attendants and procession down the aisle, giant reception hall, live band?

A few close friends and family in the living room followed by dinner at a nice restaurant?

jarrodandnicci Posts : 4 Registered: 5/22/10
Re: January 2011 Bride-Where do I start?!?!
Posted: Dec 30, 2010 12:50 AM Go to message in response to: biancayoung

Bianca,
It's wonderful to know that I'm not the only one who got a late start. My groom and I were originally planning for a wedding in July 2011 (and nothing had been started for it) when in October, we decided to move it up. It is now January 29th (ONE MONTH FROM TODAY) I know you're probably well into planning (and almost to your wedding day). I was just wondering how you were doing? :)
I know that I started with just one thing: finding out how many people would be there. At the beginning, the church, the reception hall and the amount of people were the most important things to me. once those were finished everything else fell into place. I'm still struggling with a couple things that I have to finish (and with the holidays and work it's been pretty crazy) but I must say I rather enjoy how wonderfully everything is falling together. :) Like the world is telling me, "Yes, you are right to marry this man :) He's the one!"

So anyway, just curious how your planning was going and any thoughts you might have :) Congrats and hope your day is AMAZING!

Edited by: jarrodandnicci on Dec 30, 2010 12:51 AM

Wedding Tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine