Help he wants to change the color scheme

Online Users: 1,364 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

bryansgift Posts : 11 Registered: 6/19/10
Help he wants to change the color scheme
Posted: Dec 29, 2010 1:33 AM

Hey ladies, my sweetheart really wants to include gray in our already set colors of claret, black, and white. While I do think gray is beautiful with these colors I don't quite know how to put them all together as far as the attire is concerned. Please help!

Wedding Tickers

futureswedishbr... Posts : 115 Registered: 7/27/10
Re: Help he wants to change the color scheme
Posted: Dec 29, 2010 10:02 AM Go to message in response to: bryansgift

Well you could use gray for sashes the bridesmaids can wear around their waists and the groomsmen can wear gray vests or suits. You could even use gray as the table cloths, chair covers or sashes around the chair covers.

jarrodandnicci Posts : 4 Registered: 5/22/10
Posted: Dec 30, 2010 1:05 AM Go to message in response to: bryansgift

I found that my favorite way to incorporate an extra color was to add it in small accents, such as chair bows, flower petals (on the tables as decor) and in my bouquets and flower arrangements. If you want to add a small splash of color but not make it too big of a deal, dipping flowers or spraying them into that color is a great idea! It adds the color where you can see but doesn't override the others. :)

Wedding Tickers

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Jan 2, 2011 6:34 PM Go to message in response to: bryansgift

Does not sounds like a big deal at all. He can wear a grey tux, or wear grey accessories with his black tux. Don't bother to change your girls' outfits. Accessorize them with silver, which "reads" as a shade of grey. If they want, Moms can be in shades of grey, from pale silver down to charcoal. If they've already purchased, then so be it. In fact, you probably have silver going anyway--tablewear, jewelry, etc., so it's not really hard. Since there aren't too many things like flowers that actually come in grey, you're set. In other words, give where you can, and he'll have to suck up the rest.

myra@classysassyweddings.com

bryansgift Posts : 11 Registered: 6/19/10
Posted: Jan 17, 2011 10:11 PM Go to message in response to: myras

Thanks ladies for all of your ideas. Since I posted this, I've come to understand where he was going and everything is turning out so beautifully.

Wedding Tickers

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Jan 18, 2011 12:27 PM Go to message in response to: bryansgift

Great color scheme! Exact colors we have picked for our wedding!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine