In need of an outlet!

Online Users: 1,252 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 13

anxiouspeanut Posts : 8 Registered: 12/14/10
In need of an outlet!
Posted: Dec 14, 2010 12:28 PM

Hi all! I'm new here, but love the idea of this forum :) I can't think of anything else but when my boyfriend is going to pop the question!! I didn't think he had a ring until I accidentally found it in the house! Now I can't stop thinking about it!!! He has told me that it will happen, but that I can't rush him. It's just that I'm so excited about it you know!?!
How should I keep my mind off it? I tend to find myself looking at wedding websites and fantasizing about what my day will look and how he will propose. It's so hard to keep my mind off of it!!

Edited by: anxiouspeanut on Dec 14, 2010 12:32 PM

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: In need of an outlet!
Posted: Dec 14, 2010 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: anxiouspeanut

All I can suggest is try not to over analyze every little thing.

Several ladies on here have said that they did that and then would get upset that it didn't happen 'here' or 'there' instead of appreciating the time together and what they were doing.

Good luck!

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Dec 14, 2010 1:37 PM Go to message in response to: anxiouspeanut

Well now you know it's coming, I would honestly try to enjoy your time with him, as close to possible to what it normally is. If your behavior changes, you're going to not only wreck it for yourself, but you're going to make it strange for him as well, possibly affecting his plan.

This is meant to be your moment, all set up by him, which is what makes it so special. Try to let it be, to still leave it and make special for you both.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Dec 14, 2010 8:30 PM Go to message in response to: anxiouspeanut

Dear AP,

You need to try very hard to put it out of your mind. You will just spoil everything something that is supposed to be a surprise is always in the forefront of your mind.

"Honey?"

"YES YES YES"

"Please pass the salt."

"Oh. Sure, the salt. Here you go."

"And..."

"YES YES YES"

"... the pepper, too?"

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 9:48 AM Go to message in response to: anxiouspeanut

Good ideas!! I have caught myself thinking "Oh maybe he'll do it today!" and then being disappointed when it doesn't, but I'm really trying to keep that in check.

You're right about just enjoying our time together right now. We have all the time in the world essentially!! He did tell me though that it would happen before the world ends in 2012 (I was joking with him about that).

I just have a hard time knowing that there is a plan and that it's being kept from me! I hate secrets :)!!!!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Dec 17, 2010 10:13 AM Go to message in response to: anxiouspeanut

Take up a new hobby. :-) Find a book club (if you like to read) in your area through the local library or www.meetup.com. meetup.com can be a good way to find any groups of people interested in the same things as you.

:-)

Good luck!

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 1:42 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Thanks!! I do a lot of reading and have decided that I want to take the GRE again to better my score so maybe that will keep my mind off things. We shall see :)

Babyface77 Posts : 13 Registered: 12/22/10
Posted: Dec 22, 2010 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: anxiouspeanut

Just wondering..... I have read many posts where the woman has found the ring... Where are you finding them? These men need to think about hiding them a bit better lol...

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: Babyface77

I highly doubt that any of those rings are just sitting in an easy spot to find. Im sure they are hidden, at least enough that without simple searching they would otherwise remain hidden.
I know my darling of a man has my ring. I know he does, because he's told me he does. For that reason I myself chose to contrary to normal, even get near anywhere it may be. Im sure it's well hidden, but I refuse to see the ring(we did pick the ring together, so i know what it looks like, or at least vaguely remember).

It's not a complicated task to stay away from those areas it might be in, to prevent "accidently" finding the ring ;)

Babyface77 Posts : 13 Registered: 12/22/10
Posted: Dec 22, 2010 2:58 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

Yeah but if you are like me and have no clue if he is about to propose or not, because he would be going to get it himself not have me with him to choose since he knows what I want and wants it to be a surprise. Then you go into his bed side table looking for something random and there it is? That is what I mean, he must put it somewhere where he knows she wont look, like in his tool box or something lol...

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 8:17 AM Go to message in response to: Babyface77

Well it was somewhere that I would never had thought of looking, but I kept noticing he was really secretive when he would get in there. He never was before so I became suspicious. I have only looked the once and never actually looked at the ring. I just peeked in with a flashlight and there it was. I'm trying to be really good and not pester him too much haha, but I have a real problem being patient!!! I always have been ever since I was little and I guess I haven't grown out of it!

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 10:40 AM Go to message in response to: anxiouspeanut

See! so another example you don't just fall on it ;)

You became suspicious and made the effort to go look with a flahslight-doesn't sound to me like it was accidental ;) Bad girl! Eitheir way, congrats! excited to hear how its going to unfold.

Edited by: HamzicBride on Dec 23, 2010 10:54 AM

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 1:44 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

I'm a snooper and I have always been. When in doubt go through the clothes closet. That's where people "hide" stuff 80% of the time.

Some people get really clever though and... say you don't like yogurt and you think it's gross. They will buy a youghurt and dump it out and hide it in the fridge.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 3:39 AM Go to message in response to: anxiouspeanut

Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine