tungsten wedding bands

Online Users: 1,280 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 31

Kica Posts : 90 Registered: 10/3/07
Re: tungsten wedding bands
Posted: May 26, 2008 7:09 PM Go to message in response to: sk127

My DH has a tungsten ring.  Apperently his will shatter instead of bend where as titanium will bend and need to be cut off.  But to make it shatter it has to be enough force that would equal to bending titanium.  Apperently, i don't know exactly but if I heard correctly...

Tungsten also cannot be resized.  And it is heavier.  DH was/is really excited to have tungsten as opposed to titanium.

http://edandjessica.brides.com

sk127 Posts : 325 Registered: 5/13/08
Posted: May 26, 2008 7:20 PM Go to message in response to: Kica

that would have to be alot of force to make it shatter i dont see it anything being he would do on a daily basis

live life to the fullest for the future is scarse

robyn1113 Posts : 182 Registered: 8/2/07
Posted: Jun 6, 2008 6:50 PM Go to message in response to: sk127

Tungsten is a lot heavier than titanium. I got DH a tungsten wedding band from www.titaniumkay.com and he absolutely loves it.

I finally AM Mrs. Garza! Laughing

When is my wedding

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 7:35 PM Go to message in response to: robyn1113

Can tungsten be engraved? I just thought of that...I'm not sure it can.

April 4, 2009 is the big day!

sk127 Posts : 325 Registered: 5/13/08
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 1:34 AM Go to message in response to: kroberts

found your answer on this link..i had no  clue either if it could be done until you asked the question.

http://www.infinitytungsten.com/laser-engraving.html

live life to the fullest for the future is scarse

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 4:57 PM Go to message in response to: sk127

If you do decide to go with tungsten, try Kay Jewelers. That's where we got my FH's and they have about half a dozen designs.

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 5:44 PM Go to message in response to: sk127

Titanium will scratch.  Tungsten carbide will not scratch.  Check out www.debebians.com for a HUGE selection of tungsten carbide rings.  They also come with a lifetime guarantee.  Also, enter Summer08 in at checkout and get an additional 10% off!! 

MMoore

KevinT08 Posts : 3 Registered: 6/4/08
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I found a great site that specializes in tungsten wedding bands.  It's called EternalTungsten.com.  And speaking of coupons, they just sent me a couon code for 15% off, it's SIZER15.

I love my ring and it's scratch free after 6 months.  Good luck finding the ring for you!

LissaNicole Posts : 39 Registered: 7/10/08
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 8:22 PM Go to message in response to: kroberts

My FH and I were looking at Tungsten & Titanium rings at Kay Jewelers and he found the one he really wants and the guy told us that neither can be resized and I asked about engraving and he said Titanium needs to be laser engraved and Tungsten would require a special diamond cutter but that by engraving the rings it diminishes the strength of the ring and would make it likely to shatter. He also said that to get a Tungsten ring off you would practically need the jaws of life. My FH is a Paramedic/Firefighter so he finds himself in interesting situations all the time so he needs a strong ring but I am concerned about his ring size changing and needing a new ring (bc it wouldn't be the ring we exchanged vows with...and maybe the store won't have the same ring).

Side note: with FH being a paramedic (and, I, having taken first aid classes), a piece of advice about the ring being stuck on finger....if you are in any situation that may cause swelling of extremities--TAKE OFF ALL JEWELRY IMMEDIATELY! So, if you smash your hand, take off all rings and bracelets.

LissaNicole Posts : 39 Registered: 7/10/08
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 10:06 PM Go to message in response to: LissaNicole

Here is a video where I guy takes a file and a hammer to a tungsten ring---not a scratch!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-prdcknwIA

Here is a video that shows the difference in strength between gold, platinum, titanium, and tungsten. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yu8KeKlR9w&feature=related

And this is a somebody's photo album I found online. Picture 1-tungsten ring is stuck on his finger Picture 2-He's at ER Picture 3-nurse trying to remove ring Picture 4- nurse cannot remove ring...they go to Lowe's and place his finger in a table vice and slowly tighten until it cracks into 2 clean pieces... http://picasaweb.google.com/cdavidchuk/TripToLAJuly2007/photo#5162151633946340242

rings0001 Posts : 3 Registered: 4/13/09
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 2:52 PM Go to message in response to: sk127

Great one and if you need the Tungsten rings and other jewels made of tungsten, you can visit it from - fiercetungsten.com and the tungsten metals are the best and safest one then the other metals.

Tungsten Rings, Tungsten Wedding rings - Fierce Tungsten

WinterBride6602 Posts : 33 Registered: 4/13/09
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 10:53 AM Go to message in response to: Kica

Also important to note that although gold can be bent and need to be removed if smashed onto someone's finger...any ring if caught on something can "deglove" a persons finger. Meaning, literally remove a persons skin from their finger (like a glove being take off). My guy used to be a paramedic and always said he would be worried to wear his ring to work b/c he's heard of this happening. If your fiance does a lot of constuction or something like that, it might just be better he not wear his ring to work!

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Apr 15, 2009 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: WinterBride6602

I'm in EMS too and a lot of the guys I work with wont wear their rings because accidents happen. They try to tell me to take mine off but i'm pretty sure i'll be fine. I don't know WTF they are playing with that will cause the ring to get caught but they are men...

On our trucks we have ring cutters for gold ect. only. I'm pretty sure the hospitals here only have those as well.

I mean hell my partner now said he had to take a guy in who had a cock ring stuck on him. The hospital couldn't cut it off with ring cutters so had to get creative and in return he needed stiches on his manhood. hah :)

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

ginarook Posts : 15 Registered: 11/30/10
Posted: Dec 13, 2010 6:29 PM Go to message in response to: sk127

Tungsten is what they put in lightbulbs to make them glow.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: sk127

A-line Dark Purple Strapless Drape Floor-length Prom Dress With Embellished Trim
Save up to 30% off on New Trend Prom Dress,the price is just $139.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-dark-purple-strapless-drape-floorlength-prom-dress-with-embellished-trim-p-31748.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine