DO NOT get your dress from Priscilla of Boston

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

jacksons1175 Posts : 1 Registered: 6/4/09
DO NOT get your dress from Priscilla of Boston
Posted: Dec 9, 2010 12:33 PM

I had a terrible experience with this bridal gown company. To start, the bridal consultant booked too many people (even though I made an appointment) and rushed me when I was tryign on dresses. She completely ignored me when I wanted to look at bridesmaid dresses and failed to show me accessories. Despite her poor service, I loved one of the wedding dresses she showed me and I put down a 50% deposit. It wasn't until AFTER I was already paying for the deposit that she mentioned the dress has to be ordered with a custom length and it will be an additional $270!!! What a jip

She measured me wrong and the dress was way too big and way too long (despite this so-called custom fit). I had to repeatedly call the store manager in September and she told me to call her back in December to get the $270 refunded. I never got an apology, and only got the refund after I complained to corporate.
The customer service person at corporate was also rude, never apologized for my inconvenience and basically told me to be happy that I got a refund. Too bad I have to spend another $400 to get the dress fixed. I know that wedding gowns have to be altered but these measurements were way off. I think it was because the consultant was rushing. Very very very displeased with this company! the dresses are beautiful but you want to have confidence in the consultant's competence and you want to have a good shopping experience too! Also, their alteration prices are ridiculous, almost cost as much as the dresses themselves. I obviously choose not to get my dress altered there.

Holdens_Bride Posts : 15 Registered: 11/2/10
Re: DO NOT get your dress from Priscilla of Boston
Posted: Dec 9, 2010 12:53 PM Go to message in response to: jacksons1175

that sucks, I had some trials there but ended up not buying my dress there, I guess I should be glad!

futureswedishbr... Posts : 115 Registered: 7/27/10
Posted: Dec 10, 2010 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: jacksons1175

Wow! That is CRAZY!!! Sounds like I should stick with getting my wedding gown at David's Bridal! Thanks for the heads-up about Priscilla of Boston.

ginarook Posts : 15 Registered: 11/30/10
Posted: Dec 10, 2010 4:34 PM Go to message in response to: jacksons1175

Thanks for the heads up.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine