My Ideas on Weather Location Etc

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

turtle2 Posts : 56 Registered: 11/3/09
My Ideas on Weather Location Etc
Posted: Dec 6, 2010 1:13 PM

Ok since I don't want to bug my bf with these details, i thought i could tell them to you. I want to have a wedding in Spring, probably April, while its lightly raining. It would be under tents outside in a garden and then the reception would be in the building next to the garden. The pitter patter of the rain would be so romantic! then we would take pictures in the rain :) My real dream would be to have the ceremony in a giant glass dome which would give the rain a wind-shield look. But the chances of me finding that are slim. Oh i can't wait! And it would be an all-blue wedding as far as colors go (not including my dress and his tux) What do you ladies think?

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: My Ideas on Weather Location Etc
Posted: Dec 7, 2010 9:14 AM Go to message in response to: turtle2

Dear TN,

You've GOT to be kidding.

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Dec 7, 2010 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: turtle2

From one over-thinker to another,

Chill out. Put the dreams on hold. Your visions will probably radically change once you are engaged--I know mine have.

In a class of mine,we discussed that day-dreamers have a higher rate of depression. At first I thought he miss-spoke, that he meant to say that those with depression have a higher tendency to day dream. No, he explained that people day-dream these ideal situations and that when those situations don't became a reality. It can be devestating when the real world isn't the same as the dream world.

I think rain is romantic too. But you would probably be disappointed to find that it wouldn't work out the way you expected it too.

And that being said, you can't control the weather.
Unless you buy a rain machine...

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Dec 7, 2010 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Brighter, I found it very interesting that you said that, because it makes perfect sense! Now that I'm actually planning my wedding it can be, sadly, disappointing. I'm a "dreamer" and what happens in reality just isn't the same as, say, a Disney movie. There's another thread talking about how some women are "put out" because they didn't get a big proposal, and another one on how a bride had only 4 months to plan her wedding and it truly turned out to be a "dream come true." Reality ISN'T the same as fantasy, and the less we think about something, such as a proposal or a surprise birthday party, the better it can be. Each woman only gets one theme, one color scheme, and in most cases one dress, all within one budget which is usually less than what calls for a platinum wedding. Looking over SO many options can build unrealistic expectations.

Tn, I agree with Mrs. For the sake of your own experience, STOP planning your wedding. Wedding things are pretty, and romantic, and exciting, BUT (as Bridezillas and other programs show) that dream CAN become a nightmare. Since you persist planning your own wedding, I highly suggest you stop looking at wedding-related things altogether. As a 21 year old, newly engaged woman, I know where you're coming from, but STOP. It isn't healthy.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 3:41 AM Go to message in response to: turtle2

Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine