The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 1,298 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 9:50 PM Go to message in response to: mrscreamer2be

Well I would think your Mom might get that a little more, but I'm sure she was OK overall. Hope you are feeling better.

I'll probably be bah humbug, but I hope it holds out. I have depression issues at times - I'd prefer to skip them if possible this year. sigh

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 10:15 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Thank you! I did help my mom, but she was asking me to serve. Everything was out, so I really don't know what else she wanted me to do!

I really do hope you feel better as well! :)

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Hey
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 10:48 PM Go to message in response to: MrMcManus

Hey! So, I know I haven't been around in FOREVER. I guess...I just have a lot going on! I'll try to come on as much as I can though.

Pharm and NJ- How are the pregnancies going?

Nat (23) Nate (33) L&E- March 17, 2010 A- January 26, 2011

Re: Hey
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 10:58 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Nat - I can't believe the twins are 8 months old!! How's the new little beanling doing? Have your parents come around any more?

The pregnancy is going well. My biggest issue is my hormones, which had been improving (lack of sleep has taken it's toll recently though).

Just waiting to feel the little dude move around and get through the holidays.

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Dec 1, 2010 6:34 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm, Hope you feel better and get some sleep. And hope ppl would stop bothering you about the sex of the baby.

Nat, The twins are 8 months! How's everything?

My BFF was at the rock climbing gym on her due date. Today is her BDay and she was hoping to be on labor. But she's here at work instead.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

MrsKG Posts : 115 Registered: 10/5/08
Posted: Dec 1, 2010 12:27 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm- Thanks for the info! I went on Amazon last night and ordered some, I dont remember what brand, but it came with 40 test strips and 10 early HPT's. So hopefully Ill be able to figure out how to use them and learn when I ovulate. I have not gone to a Dr. or talked to anyone really. I figured since we weren't actually trying then I didnt have anything to worry about. So Im going to give a few months of tracking and all and if it still doesnt happen, then I think Ill call the Dr. I actually have to find a new Dr. because my insurance changed, and also my old one stopped doing the whole OB part a while back. And the hospital that I live 2 seconds away from just built a brand new maternity ward last year, so I want to try to find someone who works out of there.
I am a little nervous to find a doctor though...Im slightly overweight, and I know there are a few risks that come a long with that and being pregnant and I have heard some horror stories from overweight woman who's doctors treated them horribly and were just mean to them, like they didnt deserve to have a child because they are larger. I mean Im always trying to get healthier and lose a few lbs, but I know that Im not going to lose a TON anytime soon. But life will go on...hopefully Ill find a new Dr. soon enough, and they will be helpful and understanding.

~Kristin 

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
--
Sam Keen save the date

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: MrsKG

I am a little nervous to find a doctor though...Im slightly overweight, and I know there are a few risks that come a long with that and being pregnant and I have heard some horror stories from overweight woman who's doctors treated them horribly and were just mean to them, like they didnt deserve to have a child because they are larger.

Hun - I'm FAT. So I totally understand where you are coming from. I was also worried about it.

First of all, if you see a doctor who treats you horribly (I'm not saying who talks to you about your weight - but who says 'why bother doing anything') then you LEAVE. (This happened to my friend who is wheel chair bound with MS on steroids - and she has a much better reason then me that's for sure.)

I'm seeing a midwife. Because of my weight, they did opt to do a glucose test early to make sure I wasn't already suffering from diabetes, especially as that can cause issues with a pregnancy. I had no issues with this - makes perfect sense.

But even with my weight and age (35, almost 36) my pregnancy is NOT high risk.

Now, I've also researched it and I know as I weigh more, I need to be more careful about how much I gain, etc. Already at 19 weeks, I've gained very little as my weight has shifted and I've been trying to be conscious of what I'm eating. As I'm already overweight, they would prefer that I gain no more than ~15 pounds. For the first couple of visits, I actually lost weight - so this made more sense. I've about evened out now, but I'm also going to the gym as I checked with my midwife about what activities would and would not be recommended. :-)

So, make sure you find someone you are comfortable with - doctor, midwife, etc. If for whatever reason you feel uncomfortable (weight issues, different pregnancy philosophies, etc), FIND SOMEONE ELSE.

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Sy - I thought I got a good night's sleep last night,but apparently I didn't. I'm really on edge and I'm in danger of popping someone upside the head at work. I just don't know if I'll be in tears before or after...

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Dec 1, 2010 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

9 weeks left , 9 weeks left. Its what I keep repeating to myself. I have 9 weeks left of work (give or take) and I am about to FREAK out. UGH. At first I was kinda sad about leaving, but at this point, not anymore. I am not one to pull the pregnancy card at work, unless I am really not feeling well and if it's a legit reason it's not really "pulling the card". But for some reason my boss thinks nothing of completely overworking me for the next 3 weeks covering someone else's desk along with my own work. Fine, I am here to help but I know I won't be able to do it alone and she says there is just abosulutely no one else who can help, even though I suggested people. This doesnt start til next week, but I am starting to cover for this person this week so he can cover for someone else, and get things all squared away before he leaves. Welllllll 100 people keep coming over asking him if he needs help and does he need lunch and blah blah? I'm not pregnant, I dont need to eat, thanks for offering me any help or food! I'm just tired of it.

If I didnt have a little baby girl kicking me and digging her feet into my sides, I would have jumped in front of the train outside my office hours ago!

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

OMG NJ - Are you really due in 9 weeks?!?! Are you stopping working as your due date gets close?

Times flies.... And that's crazy about you covering with no help.

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Posted: Dec 1, 2010 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

LOL NJ! I'm counting 6 more months, 6 more months! Even then all I get is a crappy 6 weeks but getting out of here for any amount of time is better than nothing.

Pharm if it maked you feel any better I'm crying at EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING. It's actually gotten quite ridiculous. My emotions are out of hand and getting embarassing.

MrsKG- I used the Ovulation Calendar on babycenter.com and got preggo the first month we tried! I've been charting for 2 years so had a pertty good idea as to my average cycle length. Once I realized when I might be ovulating I started to notice the signs that it was coming. I'm also overweight and the dr's wants me to only gain 10-15 lbs. Already blew that one out of the water but the midwife I saw last said that my weight gain is right where is should be for the first trimester. I really just hated the pre-natal counselor and am very relieved that I won't see her again. :)

wedding ticker for myspace  BabyFruit Ticker

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Technically 11 1/2 weeks but I am most likely peacing out of here about 2 weeks before that.I got my FMLA paperwork yesterday and its utter crap. Again, I can't really whine b/c I am lucky enough to get Short Term Disability for the time I am out, but I would get 12 weeks and thats that. Even if I carry over a week of vacation (I'm not anyway) I can't even "add" it on. So essentially if I was planning on coming back and I left 2 weeks before my DD, then I'd only have 10 weeks after she is born. And I MUST use all accrued sick, vacation and personal time. Luckily since this all goes down in Feb, it's not like I would have accrued more than 1 day of sick or vacation anyway. But geez... what happens if I came back and the baby was sick? I just take an unpaid day?

But I am still not 100% sure that I am NOT coming back. I still need to see if I can do something PT and what it would entail. But as for now, after 12-14 weeks, I will look for a PT job working nights and/or weekends.

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Ah @NJ. I'm working until I drop the kid, as long as I'm able anyways.

I need to meet with someone from HR, who, ideally, is not an idiot - though they are far and few between. I don't think I have to use all of my accrued time, but I have to use accrued time for like the first week or something. I really need to get this figured out. sigh

After the holidays though - I think that will be soon enough as I'm not even due until the end of April.

Not to mention that I can totally see myself coming on over maternity leave here and there to fix something.... It's not like there's anyone else who can do my job and there are certain things I can't have anyone do because of access, etc....

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

LOL @ MrsPaul.

Everyone's different. At ~16 weeks I've gotten just about to where I was at 7 weeks (though I lost weight those first 7 weeks too). At the u/s at 13 weeks, I was still under the weight I was at at 7 weeks but the baby was measuring big.

I don't care so much about my weight (though I'd like to keep my weight gain as moderate as possible without endangering the baby) as long as the baby is growing.

We'll see on the 22nd how big the kid is...And whether or not I'm going to have to get into discussions about not changing the due date based on that size.

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 7:38 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I said I was going to work til the very end too, but there are days now where I am just so uncomfortable. I dont know how I am going to feel in 10 weeks when I'm almost 39 weeks. So right now I am keeping it kind of open and playing it by ear. DH says maybe I will get lucky and have her a week or so before my due date and I won't have to stress about it.

I'm the type that can't sit home, but the way I'm going I can see myself starting to FREAK if everything isn't "ready" when I leave for the hospital. One of those weirdo preggo side effects. Usually I just wing everything...

Also I am spilling everything lately!!! I spilled 2 glasses of milk in 2 days in the same spot. Just randomly knocked into them! Now DH keeps making fun of me. But i told him if he keeps it up, I will start carrying around the beer bottles from the beer fridge and "spilling" them "randomly".

I have a Dr appt tomorrow AM...now I am going bi-weekly. We shall see how much I gained. So far my total is 22lbs. With Thanksgiving I am sure I've packed on quite a bit. The only good thing is I am not as hungry anymore now and I am eating less frequently. Hopefully I can keep it at about 1-2 lbs every visit. Plus Baby Girl is putting on the weight at this point.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine