Kids at Sandal's Resorts?

Online Users: 1,298 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

Alix309 Posts : 3 Registered: 3/24/09
Kids at Sandal's Resorts?
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 11:00 PM

I read somewhere that kids are NOT allowed at Sandal resorts, this seemed a little crazy to me but does anyone know if this is true? Also, any suggestions on how to go about starting my DW planning!?

Thanks! Much help is needed! :P
[W]hen you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

scarolinagirl Posts : 27 Registered: 3/11/09
Re: Kids at Sandal's Resorts?
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 11:34 PM Go to message in response to: Alix309

No children are allowed at Sandals, but they have a sister resort called Beaches that do allow children.

sndlswedng Posts : 10 Registered: 10/19/08
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 12:08 AM Go to message in response to: scarolinagirl

We got married at Sandals and Scarolina girl is right... no kids and if you have kids that will be attending you will need to go to Beaches. It is supposed to be just as nice though.

We used a Joanne from VIP Vacations, I contacted her at joeyvip@ptd.net. I know some other brides on this board have used and recommended her also.

Good Luck!

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 1:13 AM Go to message in response to: sndlswedng

My understanding is that Sandals is a couples-only resort...so no kids, and no singles (from what I've been told). If that is the case...you'll want to consider your guest list before deciding to have a wedding there.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

scarolinagirl Posts : 27 Registered: 3/11/09
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Don't you just love them at VIP! They are great. Singles can stay there. They can either find a friend to stay with or pay more to stay by themselves. That was one of our problems when trying to book a place, but our agent told us it was no problem.

"Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.” I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.Love isn't finding a perfect person. It's seeing an imperfect person perfectly.

theblackdiamond... Posts : 18 Registered: 11/8/08
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: Alix309

I'm getting married at Sandals and have talked to my wedding planner about this, and she said that to have kids attend you just have to get your wedding planner to clear it with the general manager. She seemed to think that this wouldn't be a problem. They can't stay there, but they can attend the wedding. Hope this helps!

On June 5th, 2010 I will become Mrs. Ashlyn Brewer!

SarahW1981 Posts : 1 Registered: 11/29/10
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: Alix309

Hi,

I myself have just been asking this same question with my travel agent. And the answer is, no - children are not allowed at Sandals Resorts - they have a 'no children' policy.

I have been told however, that the child will be allowed on to the resort 15 minutes prior to the ceremony and can stay for the ceremony itself but then they have to leave.

Whether your wedding is on the actual resort grounds or on the beach - it dosen't make any difference, the rules are the rules I'm afraid.

All the best x

foreverurs Posts : 31 Registered: 10/1/08
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 10:22 PM Go to message in response to: SarahW1981

not true, they can come to the wedding and if you are having a reception, they can attend that...but your travel agent has to first get permission. ---plug for VIP Vacations!! Jennifer is fabulous. 3 kids 11, 14, 15 were permitted!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine