DIY cakes

Online Users: 1,276 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 5

CarrieAnne Posts : 3 Registered: 8/12/10
DIY cakes
Posted: Nov 18, 2010 7:11 PM

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for how to slide a chiffon or sponge cake out of a tube or bundt pan easily...

I'm baking my own cakes for our wedding because they need to be gluten free/ dairy free/ corn free...

Our two flavours are absolutely delicious (lemon vanilla sponge for our "groom's" cake and pumpkin spice for our "bride's" cake), but they don't look quite as beautiful as I would like them to be because they stick to the pan a little too much...

thanks in advance for any cake advice!!

chris42005 Posts : 89 Registered: 4/6/10
Re: DIY cakes
Posted: Nov 23, 2010 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: CarrieAnne

My only advice is to make sure you are "oiling" the pan and sprinkle some flour in and coat the pan. They do make sprays that do this also. You want a good coverage of the pan.

From my expierance, the temp of the cake plays into it also. Too hot and the cake can't handle the transfer, too cold and it sticks to the pan.

AngeArmani Posts : 56 Registered: 3/29/09
Posted: Nov 24, 2010 3:04 AM Go to message in response to: CarrieAnne

You could try to mask the inconsistencies with a bit of decorating...royal icing or marzipan??

All the best,

Angela Armani.

My very own personal blog! It's all about cake toppers! weird huh?

http://ultimateweddingtopperguide.blogspot.com/

Please do! I'm interested in your thoughts!
Laughing

CarrieAnne Posts : 3 Registered: 8/12/10
Posted: Jan 21, 2011 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: AngeArmani

Amazingly, I have found corn free icing sugar-- so I'm able to make a lemon juice/ icing sugar glaze, and then also dust the icing sugar on top-- it looks lovely!

And fits in with our homemade- chic wedding theme!!

Thank you for your tips!

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Jan 21, 2011 6:12 PM Go to message in response to: CarrieAnne

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 5:22 AM Go to message in response to: CarrieAnne

Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Cathedral Train Taffeta Wedding Dress Style Monalisa Royale
Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine