Joined the Waiting Game

Online Users: 1,352 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 6

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Joined the Waiting Game
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 10:07 AM

I've joined the waiting game. My boyfriend and I have been talking for a while now that we would eventually get married. We've looked at engagement rings and he knows what my preferences are. Recently I've noticed little things that imply he is seriously looking for the ring/starting to plan for the proposal. So excited! Can't think of much else which make concentrating at work tough.

But I just need to be patient. Which is tough when my cousin got married recently and my best friend's wedding is Saturday. Hope it's my turn sometime soon! I can't wait to be his wife!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*Met: 9/17/2009 *Started Dating: 11/14/2009 *Engaged: 11/13/2010 *Mr and Mrs: 9/17/2011
Daisypath Wedding tickers

WeddingInvitati... Posts : 22 Registered: 8/23/10
Re: Joined the Waiting Game
Posted: Oct 18, 2010 10:30 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

KCI,
OMG it's awful waiting! In the same boat and it's really hard to focus on other things besides the ring....someone on here told me to think of me putting the ring in an envelope and tucking it into a draw when I start thinkin about the proposal. Sometimes it works but others it doesn't. I try to remember to cherish the time right now with my boyfriend and enjoy the stage of our relationship that we're in. Soon enough it will be your turn!

Good luck!

Jackson421 Posts : 4 Registered: 10/21/09
Posted: Nov 17, 2010 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

I'm in the same boat also. My bf took me ring shopping about 3 days ago just to look. Picked out one that I really liked (happened to be the first one I tried on lol). We want to get married Spring 2012, so he basically told me that he plans to propose by the first day of Summer 2011 (or hopefully before then). He wants it to be a surprise, so for now I'm just waiting. Mostly because we are just trying to make sure we are financially stable before getting a ring, but still, I'm hoping it will be soon.

Sounds like you will be engaged soon!! Good Luck!!

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Nov 17, 2010 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: Jackson421

I forgot I started this thread. But since it just came back to the top - I'M ENGAGED!!!!!! My now FH proposed this past Satuday during a weekend trip to Newport, RI.

I thought we were there to celebrate our 1-year anniversary, but apparently he had more in mind. And the little things I picked up on back in September were dead on - he actually bought the ring 2 days after I posted the original message.

I don't think we're getting married until Fall 2012 but I am soooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*Met: 9/17/2009 *Started Dating: 11/14/2009 *Engaged: 11/13/2010 *Mr and Mrs: 9/17/2011
Daisypath Wedding tickers

AlmostThere25 Posts : 8 Registered: 11/17/10
Posted: Nov 17, 2010 6:13 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

Congratulations : )

jujugirl Posts : 42 Registered: 4/8/10
Posted: Nov 17, 2010 7:24 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

congrats

Jackson421 Posts : 4 Registered: 10/21/09
Posted: Nov 17, 2010 9:46 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

Congratulations!!! Very exciting :) Good luck planning your wedding and have fun!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine