Under the dress

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

missaero Posts : 1 Registered: 11/16/10
Under the dress
Posted: Nov 16, 2010 9:37 AM

So I found the dress! Exciting! But now, I need to buy my own undergarments.

I'm a 38DD up top and wear a US size 14 jean size. I need a undergarment that's going to keep the girls well tamed and flatten out my tummy. Any suggestions to help a full figured girl? Also do I really need a slip also? Really not a girly girl so I have absolutely no clue what I'm looking for! Any help will be appreciated!

this is the dress: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-Pick-Up-Gown-with-Applique-Detail-WG3028_Bridal-Gowns-Features-Designer-Gowns-Davids-Bridal-Collection

Mrs_Orto Posts : 14 Registered: 7/19/10
Re: Under the dress
Posted: Nov 16, 2010 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: missaero

As far as the slip goes..it's not a requirement, it just kinda depends on your dress. I have a satin a-line dress and I'm not wearing a slip. It already has a little bit of tulle in the skirt to give it a slight puff and that's plenty for me. Though I am a girly girl, I'm not a fan of overly-puffy dresses so I'm skipping the slip.
For the bra, you could always ask the salon that you got the dress from. A lot of places have undergarments and such that are made to be worn under wedding gowns. You can also check at Victoria's Secret. Though they are a little more expensive, they have amazing stuff there that will give you everything you need. You could also check other bridal salons if the one you got your dress from doesn't offer anything. I know David's Bridal sells undergarments, and I'm sure many other places do too. Those would be the first places I would check.
Hope this helps! :-)

Mrs. Orto
wedding websites

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine