Massage

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Massage
Posted: Nov 5, 2010 12:04 PM

Has anyone here ever gotten a professional massage? My brother was nice enough to give my sister and I a gift certificate to a spa. He gave us a spa treatment package which includes a facial, manicure, and a 30 minute body massage. However, I am kinda worried about the massage part. I have never had one done before and I don't like to be touched well except by my husband LOL). I just feel funny about it and it sounds silly that I am nervous.

I feel like the massage is going to make me nervous when it's supposed to make me relaxed! I just don't know what to expect. Will it hurt? Can I ask not to touch my feet since my feet are VERY sensitive? What do I need to wear? What if it tickles? What if it feels so good that I start to moan out loud? LOL.

It really does sound relaxing and I really need to destress myself because I have been stressed lately with the whole wedding planning thing, work, and school. So a massage sounds good but at the same time I just don't know what to expect. Anyone here have any pointers or advice for me? Thanks!

Photobucket wedding ticker

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Check out my wedding pictures in the photo gallery of my wedding website!!! :)

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Massage
Posted: Nov 5, 2010 12:16 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I love getting a massage and in fact need to find a place to do one now because I'm so tight, it's not good.

I'd call the place to find out what to wear (it can depend on the place) and I'm sure if you tell them to skip your feet they will.

Honestly, when I've had a massage it's an impersonal touch but it just feels great when they hit and release tight places. At leas that's been my experience. My cousin is a massage therapist and her weeding gift to us was a massage each a couple of days before the wedding.

My husband was a little leary and walked out feeling SO great - he couldn't believe it.

For her, I usually end up taking off my shirt and bra and pants (leaving my underwear on) and she covers me with a sheet so I'm never really exposed if that makes sense.

But places can be different.

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Nov 5, 2010 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

My daughter is a huge massage fan. Me--not so much. I've only had one. It was a male masseur (but very gay, if that makes a difference). But, really, it's kind of like going to the doctor, very impersonal and non-sexual. You'll be covered with a sheet, so don't worry about private parts being exposed. Don't bother to dress up for this experience--you end up covered with oil and needing a shower!

When I went for the massage, I had a pulled muscle in my neck and asked the guy to really focus on that. I must say, it helped a lot. He also went down my back and even included the muscles in my butt (my husband couldnt' believe that one!), but you're the one who's in control, so ask for what you want, and say what you don't. That also includes the amount of intensity you want. If you don't want it to hurt or if the massage is too intense, speak up.

Before my massage, by the way, people at the spa were sent to a "relaxation" room. Most people seemed to be "blissed out," in their own little worlds. I, on the other hand, was drumming my fingers and fuming, "Can we just get on with this already?!" I guess some of us just aren't good relaxation candidates!

If you really, really don't want the massage, you probably can arrange to substitute some other service (pedicure, facial, etc.) Otherwise, enjoy.

myra@classysassyweddings.com

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 21, 2012 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine