July 2012 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 202

AmyandNic Posts : 87 Registered: 5/1/10
Re: July 2012 Brides
Posted: Nov 3, 2010 12:49 PM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

PICTURES!!! I went ahead and just did it. Who knew i already an account for sharing pictures!! LOL some old ones.. oh wow, time sure has flew.

This is our cake topper, and our seals for the invites for the envenlopes.

Photobucket

Cake topper, seals and our green gems. I wanted white but light green works and it was a buck! :)

Photobucket

Marker paint, blue and white each 2 bucks for the car I also have some decorations for the car in the closet - didnt dare go in there.. lol. So much stuff with all the candles for our favours. Our Napkins 2 hearts "a perfect pair".

Photobucket

Our candles put blue and green around ribbion we have a heart charm to put it on it in the middle. The label is a sample of what our favors will looks like. The big candle I got for 3 bucks at winners it wasorginal 20 bucks, that was the very first thing we bought.. :P hah

Photobucket

our heart charms for our favors

Photobucket

our paper we will use for lables, charms and the candle

Photobucket

table number and seat names.. they are ok I may get somethin else but heck, they work. a buck.. woot woot :P

Photobucket

our colors and the ties we bought!

Photobucket

So there you have it. Craaaaaaazy planning.. so much more to do. LOL

Jaymee Posts : 143 Registered: 10/6/10
Posted: Nov 3, 2010 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

Yes even better if she'll never know!! Haha

I'll probably just add a brown ribbon and a red ribbon to the cake server set. No one will really see it anyway. I saw a set that had double hearts on them but the hearts were gold. Yours are silver though I'm sure. I also saw a nice unity candle that had a double heart design and as the candle burned the hearts would glow.

Is your cousin having a really big wedding?

Good deal on the ties! I think that your colors are going to look so pretty together!

I probably won't be doing much more for the wedding since xmas is coming and I have a ton to do for that! And today is my FH's birthday! He had to work though - boo! And he has a bad cold - boo again! We were going to go out for dinner but I think that we'll wind up staying home tonight so he can get some rest.

I'm still looking for centerpiece ideas and decorating ideas for the pavilion. I'm rather obsessed with centerpieces at the moment. I want something a little different you know.

Yes take some pictures and post them! I'd LOVE to see them!! :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

YAY PICTURES!! I LOVE ALL YOUR STUFF!!

The cake topper is so sparkly! That will look so nice on top of your cake! I like everything where do I begin! The napkins are really cute too. I love your colors! I think that they will look so nice together!

I like the ties. They are really nice and much nicer looking than just the solid color ones.

Have you seen the invitations with the silver hearts on them? You could take them and add some ribbon to them. That would look so pretty.

Your unity candle set is really nice and the charms are really cute!

Your favors are going to be so nice! :)

What are the green gems for?

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 1:48 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

Thanks. The gems are for on the invites. :) yes I have seen the two hearts, we will probably go with something like that and add ribbon or we have seen blue and green invites without the heart, but the ribbon it comes with is a pale blue but I could always just change it.

Im still looking for ones that are unique and different. I like the ones you open and down folds with everything. The main part is the invite and then in the slots are the menu card and the rsvp card. Those are cute.

Nicoles sister is going to the Maine so she is going to look for a few things for us. So hope she finds some stuff. :) We were gonna go take a trip, but Nicole started a new job so she couldnt get the time off. Maybe next year.

Happy Bday to your honny! :P Sucks that he has a cold. :/ I still have mines and its been 2 months! I seem to cough more at work. Sucks. I cant shrug it off.

Are you in Connecticut? We are from New Brunswick,Canada.

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 11:10 PM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

I want my invites like this - blue and green and maybe with 2 hearts.

Photobucket

Just havent seen anything around, may have to get them custom or DIY! :) ..First thing first : Venue ! :)

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 6:00 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

I think that you should be able to find an invitation like that in your colors. Have you tried looking for "peacock invitations"? I know that's not exactly what you want but you might find some results just because of the colors of that theme.

Oh gosh 2 months with a cold!? I hope you feel better!

We did wind up staying in last night. He came home from work and then napped on and off on the couch until it was time for bed. But that was good because he needed the rest. If he's feeling better we can do something over the weekend for his birthday.

No, I'm in New York. :)

Looking at your stuff made me want to take some pictures of my stuff!

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z382/jaymee122/personal1.jpg

I have a couple of bags of white petals that I'm planning on using on the cake table and I have three wooden letters that I'll paint. I'm going to add a ribbon underneath the brown part on the S.T.D.'s and the invitations before I glue them to the ivory cards. And those are the bags that my FMIL stamped. We're going to use them as cake bags. I want to add a little something to them but I don't know what. The white chair boxes will be used as our placecards. And that's my cake topper from eBay for $2.50!

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 9:23 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

Awesome stuff! :) Still cant get over how cheap stuff can really be online. Since the groomsmens ties came in a nice box and theyre really nice, it will be part as their gift as well we, (..well I) are looking at ordering the guys flasks with their names engraved. I found a place at the mall and they wanted 30 bucks, I went online for three, the starting bid is at $0.50 brand new, just need to pay 12 bucks shipping! LOL What a big dfference. The engraving will cost about 30 bucks but it will be wortttttth it! :)

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9/xamesterx/B7ZTJMQEWkKGrHqNlEEyjC2S9WBM0EOvvqP-1_3.jpg

oh and these are the glass candle holders I was talking about, either on the headtable space out in the front along with center pieces (maybe) or a table behind us and these would be tall enough to see behind us.

Photobucket

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 9:38 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

LOVE the candleholders!! They are REALLY nice!

You can find some really great deals but sometimes it takes awhile to find them. Awesome deal on the flasks!

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 9:41 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

AARGGHH!! I keep messing with my ticker because it keeps getting cut off on the one side and that bothers me! :(

I have to get a different kind I guess...

...ok this kind works. It doesn't get cut off on the one side like the other ones did.

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

I was looking at some bouquets and I came across this one.

Photobucket

I'm not 100% sold on it yet but I do think that it's pretty. I'm still looking for a centerpiece that really grabs me! LOL

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 3:27 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

I love the roses, I want to do somethin like that as well.. I dont even care if blue or green flowers werent in there but I just want to find something thats like a wow factor. I like yours but the lillys I dont think work in this arrangement. I think we are goin with tiger lillys (oranges and pinks) and maybe incorparate white roses.

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 8:48 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

I love orange and pink together too. That will be really pretty! I'm still looking at ideas for the flowers and centerpieces.

I came across this picture and I had to post it because it's in your colors! :)

Photobucket

I think that my favor stickers and notebook are here so I'm going to run over to the post office and check. I really want to see if the notebook is going to work or not!

575 days!!

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

The favor stickers, the notebook and the cake cutting set all had come in! I took pics with my cell phone so they're kind of crappy but they'll have to do since I dropped my cell phone on the floor and now it doesn't want to stay on. :(

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm really pleased with my Vista Print order again and I think that the notebook will be perfect for our guest book! :)

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 3:56 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

hehe thanks for posting the picture!!! aww blue and green!!! :)

The favor sickers are very nice and book is a neat idea and very nice. The cake cuter could look something like this:

http://www.wrapwithus.com/Images/Products/AdditionalImages/Wedding_favor_ideas/large/cake-server-blue.jpg

I sent the money for the flaks today.. cant get over how good of deal that was than in store! It'll be 30 bucks engraving but beats the 130 bucks it wouldve been in store.
.. and still waiting on the blue tie to come in. I think the MOH and bridesmaids, Ill get a cute chain with a charm on it. The jewellery store have all kind of deals right now.. I think Ill wait after xmas to see if we can get even better deals. :P

I inquired to a photographer and he wanted $1,995 that included 8 hrs and 500 edit pictures 50 5x 7 and 2 8x2s. Weddings in 2012 will go up $2,495 if I booked by xmas. PASS! lol (around here thats kinda expensive.. im sure we can get cheaper)

I only want to spend like 200 - 300 bucks. Half the pictures no will ever probably see, they will get packed away in the closet. :P Heck, I plan on taking some candid pictures myself. haah

I seen these cute rubber bands that have cute drinking
sayings on em. I thought it would be a cute photo pose everyone in the wedding party to wear it and just do a wrist pose with the bands. They were 13 bucks and you 12 so I dont think thats too bad. Maybe I can find them online.. LOL

Posted: Nov 6, 2010 7:28 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

I've been a little worried about the photographer myself. Well worried how much they might charge! I was going to try and have one booked by February. I just picked that month, no special reason other than it gives me time to save up the rest of the money. I don't want to spend too much either and our budget is only $3,000 so that shouldn't be a problem! LOL

I like the rubber band idea! I like it when I see fun pictures of people at weddings.

Yeah, I would wait until after the holidays to try and get the jewelry on sale. That's a nice idea!

I'm thinking about renting chairs for the ceremony now and doing it out in the field next to the pavilion. But if it rains then I won't need them - we would have to do the ceremony under the pavilion anyway. Maybe I shouldn't bother and save the money? Still thinking about that one...

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine