Need help finding a gown

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

zgallegar Posts : 4 Registered: 11/3/10
Need help finding a gown
Posted: Nov 3, 2010 3:18 PM

I have recently started dress shopping and I can't really find a style that looks good on me. I am a curvy girl but not fat. Does anyone have suggestions on the style I should try?

MizJodi Posts : 65 Registered: 3/8/07
Re: Need help finding a gown
Posted: Nov 3, 2010 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: zgallegar

You really need to just try on everything! And when you go into a salon, listen to what the consultant suggests. You're really not going to know until you try on lots of styles :)

MissApril Posts : 276 Registered: 1/21/09
Posted: Nov 3, 2010 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: zgallegar

Sounds like we have a similar build. I dunno what dresses you're trying on, but you need to try more styles. Curvy ladies look good in most dress styles. Are you completely comfortable with your build? If you're not comfortable showing off your curves then ask a consultant at a dress shop to help you find something more conservative.

Also, if you're bringing along a friend who keeps giving opinions to you, consider leaving them behind next time you go dress shopping. I had a friend who was nice about it and all, but she distracted me and I do better finding what I want without her.

Life happens! I'm no longer WaitingForApril2010

Holdens_Bride Posts : 15 Registered: 11/2/10
Posted: Nov 4, 2010 11:28 AM Go to message in response to: MizJodi

I agree, try EVERYTHING on.

The dress in my head was nothing like what ended up looking good on me. I am a little disappointed that my "dream" dress looks so bad on me, but once you try stuff on (and try the stuff you think you don't like) you will be surprised at how much actually might look good!!!

Italksalot2u Posts : 2 Registered: 12/19/10
Posted: Dec 19, 2010 10:44 PM Go to message in response to: zgallegar

I ended up with sophia tolli (y21068) and I love it...it hides my "everything I want to hide" and i'm a size 14-16 curvy with flat stomach. haha I'm also selling it after my may wedding, if your interested.

KatieM Posts : 9 Registered: 8/23/10
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 10:18 AM Go to message in response to: zgallegar

I'm also curvy, but i've found that a halter dress does wonderful things for my boobs, and surprisingly, a trumpet fit dress makes my curves actually look good!! But i agree with everyone else, you should just go try on some different styles!! :) good luck!!!

KatieM Posts : 9 Registered: 8/23/10
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 10:19 AM Go to message in response to: zgallegar

sorry didnt mean to post twice! :)

Edited by: KatieM on Jan 5, 2011 10:21 AM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine