October 2011 Brides

Online Users: 1,305 guest(s), 4 user(s). Replies: 35

valeroo224730 Posts : 4 Registered: 2/8/08
Re: October 2011 Brides
Posted: Oct 8, 2010 11:25 AM Go to message in response to: MzMorena

Today is exactly ONE YEAR from the day of my wedding!! I'm so happy but ahhh there's still so much to do!

So far we:
paid for the reception venue
found a pastor in the area who we're meeting with next Sunday
figured out the menu
got engagement pictures done
I got my dress
pretty much figured out the wedding party
have a photographer/videographer set

I guess that's a lot :-)

I think we decided on those cinnamon/candied almonds (the kind you get at street fairs) for favors because they taste so fall-ish

corac715 Posts : 29 Registered: 3/28/10
Posted: Oct 28, 2010 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: valeroo224730

I got engaged on August 18, 2010 and we are planning our wedding for October 1, 2011. We live in VT and it is going to be beautiful then, and we are getting married in a covered bridge. We have gotten approval from the Town to close the road for the day. I have picked out my matron of honor, and 2 bridesmaids. He has his best man and one groomsman so far. I have looked at a couple of friends dresses and I am going to look at another dress this weekend. A friend has given me votive holders with candles in them, and bubbles. I bought an aisle runner and some decorations from craigslist.

I am thinking of doing cranberry/dark burgundy for my girls - but that isn't set in stone yet.

Bring on the ideas!

Cora

ginarook Posts : 15 Registered: 11/30/10
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 8:36 PM Go to message in response to: valeroo224730

How did you find your pastor? My fiancee and I go to church but my fiancee doesn't.

crisco_inferno Posts : 5 Registered: 12/28/10
Posted: Dec 28, 2010 11:25 PM Go to message in response to: ginarook

Hey all! I have been engaged for a year and four days no so yay me! And our wedding date is 10-22-11. To answer the post above me, we used the pastor at the FH's church.

Well I joined his soon after we began dating and although I almost never go to church - oops! - the pastor is a great guy.

Just, whatever you do, choose a pastor you are absolutely comfortable with! Our origional choice, a priest, at a PERFECT catherdral church, turned out to be the worst match for us.

Good luck!!

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally www.mywedding.com/chrissyandstefan

KWanna Posts : 1 Registered: 11/18/09
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 6:05 PM Go to message in response to: MzMorena

Hi Everyone,

I am so excited. Wedding date October 29, 2011, and guess what, destination wedding in the US Virgin Islands. This was not our first choice, but financially it just makes sense. The Venue has been booked, Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort and Spa, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands.

KWanna

wedding website

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: MzMorena

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine