Plus Sized Wedding Gowns

Online Users: 1,267 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

amyweewee1 Posts : 5 Registered: 10/22/10
Plus Sized Wedding Gowns
Posted: Oct 22, 2010 11:23 AM

I just found a great store in Columbia, Maryland that carrys all plus sized gowns! It is called Curvaceous Couture. The ladies there were so nice! They had gowns in the plus sizes to try on and what a great selection! Also, they have a Reem Acra Wedding Gown Salon inside of their salon! I love Reem Acra! They had other designers there, too. But, it was nice to see the various selections and price ranges. I started by trying on Jasmine Couture and Enzonai. I tried on an Ian Stewart gown with lavendar flowers and silver lace on the top (I know it sounds weird, but it was gorgeous!). I ended up with a fabulous Reem Acra gown that was beaded all over the top. The store is huge and the dressing rooms were amazing! I highly recommend them if you are a size larger than a 10! I can't wait until my dress comes in!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Evil Vendor
Posted: Oct 22, 2010 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: amyweewee1

Fake Rave

Re: Evil Vendor
Posted: Oct 22, 2010 4:07 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

I am not sure why you would say this is a fake rave? I love this gown and purchased from this store. You can call the store and verify if you need to!

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 8:05 PM Go to message in response to: amyweewee1

Dear Amy,

The problem is that if we see a board member with only one post, and that one post "raves" about some vendor, we would naturally assume that person is actually the vendor.

That happens a lot.

It's really important to keep ads off the message board. The website is supported by legitimate vendors who buy legitimate ads. If they could just come in and advertise for free, it would all collapse. It would look like Craigslist.

My suggestion to you is to participate in the board, ask questions, offer answers to others and you will be come a valued member of the board.

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 10:48 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

And I have done just that. I have been on this site reading articles, and just now got invovled in the discussions.

My situation isn't some advertising billboard, rather it is a rarity in the bridal market. Can you name plus sized bridal salons in any of the major cities? I couldn't find any, except for David's and Alfred Angelo. I want high end product just like everyone else. Why should I be discriminated against because I am larger than the average woman? That is why I touted this store so much. I am sure there are many women out there that are plus-sized that don't know they have options.

I also resent the subject line, "Evil Vendor". That is completely inappropriate and out-right rude!!!!!

Posted: Oct 23, 2010 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: amyweewee1

dear Amy,

"I also resent the subject line, "Evil Vendor". That is completely inappropriate and out-right rude!!!!!"

It's meant to be rude.

Stick around here for a while and you'll see how many vendors post free advertising for their dubious products and services.

As I said before, and said in reply to your private message, there is a solid reason to discourage advertisements. You do not need to resort to ad hominem attacks.

Your original message was a vendor rave posted by someone with one post.

Had you, at that time, been an established board member then I would not have written anything.

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Oct 23, 2010 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: amyweewee1

Have you been watching "Say Yes to the Dress: Big Bliss"? It takes place at Kleinfeld in New York City (I'd consider that "major.") You also can go to manufacturers' websites--many of their dresses go up to at least size 24, if not 30. Once you find manufacturers who make dresses in your size, you can find out which salons sell them. One problem is that, although the dress can be ordered in a plus size, it often is only stocked in the store in a sample size. That makes trying on and ordering kind of a leap of faith. But, since most brides are not a sample size, most have the same problem. Until the dress is fitted specifically to you, it will not look exactly as you'd want it to.

myra@classysassyweddings.com

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Re: Plus Sized Wedding Gowns
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: amyweewee1

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

sugarbox Posts : 44 Registered: 10/13/11
Posted: Oct 7, 2012 1:38 AM Go to message in response to: amyweewee1

You want to get plus size wedding dresses,maybe you can find dresses online,it's a good way to get dresses.I know some good sites and i want to recommend a site to you,try ilovebridal.co.uk ,this site is well,there are many beautiful dresses you can choose and the price is cheap,you can accept it.That's just my opinion,i hope it can help you,good luck!

kalama Posts : 299 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Oct 8, 2012 2:00 AM Go to message in response to: amyweewee1

If you are looking for a plus wedding dress,you can contact the online store:asapbay. There are so many styles of wedding dress,tell them the date of your figure,they will make a wedding dress just for you!

taurinusheras Posts : 1 Registered: 10/4/12
Posted: Oct 8, 2012 2:39 AM Go to message in response to: kalama

This is so beautiful. It is difficult to find plus site wedding dresses. Thanks for your sharing. http://www.iwantlingerie.com/previous/cheap-corsets.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine