July 2012 Brides

Online Users: 1,357 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 202

Jaymee Posts : 143 Registered: 10/6/10
Re: July 2012 Brides
Posted: Oct 17, 2010 6:55 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

Here it is. They're called snow storm curtains where I found them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was considering making one of these because there's an ugly gray wall at our venue that I wanted to cover up a bit.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

AmyandNic Posts : 87 Registered: 5/1/10
Posted: Oct 17, 2010 8:16 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

Sorry didnt respond .. busy with work. Cool pictures... everything looks so nice. Very unique for sure but tasteful.. youre like me.. I want people to remember it.. and see different things, rather the usual.

Yes Im Amy the one on the right! :) Nic Is Nicole. :) A lesbian couple. :) Hope you arent a religous freak..:P

..still in search of a cool backdrop, I guess we will only see when we find a venue.

I just started back at the gym.. to get in shape for the wedding. I refuse to be a fat bride..:P I a8int fat but just wanna tone up, so we both joined. My legs are soo sore..and had to work all day today and work all week. :/ Cant wait to be off in December, Ill be off for three weeks. :D hurrah!!!

Posted: Oct 18, 2010 6:36 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

I'm actually a "Nic" too! My first name is Nicole but I decided to use my middle name on here. I like my middle name better than my first name!

Nope I'm not a religious freak. My personal opinion is that love is love. I think that two adults who want to spend their lives together should be able to regardless of their gender. Ok I have to get off of my soap box now or I'll never stop!

Yes, it would be easier for you to figure out once you have a venue definitely. It will help you narrow down choices a lot faster too because you'll have a better idea of which back drops would work or wouldn't work.

Three weeks off is awesome!! You'll have a chance to relax. I NEED to start working out too but I don't want to! LOL

Posted: Oct 18, 2010 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

Ah thats funny.. about your name. :) Its a great name! Every Nicole I have ever known have been really nice and sweet.

Yes, defintley will be easier once we find the venue.. I really wanna get married outside but then we may just at the ball room at a hotel.. but I reaaally wanna get married outside.. hahha. She wants everyone there, I dont really care either way, but then if we did have it outside and everyone came, we'd have to decorate and get chairs.

For pictures I defintley want to incorprate my cat. :) I think its soo adorable when they an be apart. Im not sure if we will go with professional, I know 2-3 people. We also want to get a dog later on, that will make us go for walks daily.. :p but after we are married and have our house.

I was online and found a dress for my MOH it was $39.99 on sale from 90 bucks! and she loved it.. and she wants to order it. Its Nicoles older sister whos MOH. My little brother - hes 19 will be the bestman. I have one more spot as you already know for my bridesmaid. Ill probably asked them in the Sring. Im still back and forth on that one. Do you know who all will be in your wedding party?

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 7:13 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

My S.T.D.'s and invitations came yesterday! I LOVE them!! The S.T.D.'s are business card size and I felt like they needed a little something more so I looked in walmart at the invitation sets that you print yourself. I found a set on clearance for $8. It's very plain, cream colored and it has a thin pearl border around the edge. I think that I'll take the small cards that you would use for the reply cards and glue a ribbon around the front and then glue the business card on top of that. And now I don't have to try and find envelopes for them either!

We're getting married outside (rain or shine) and I think that we'll have the ceremony in front of a tree that's decorated or right where the reception will be. I thought that maybe we could put the tables in a big U shape and then stand in the middle. Our ceremony will be pretty short though.

Maybe you could find a nice little outdoor spot outside the hotel you choose. Then you could ask the hotel to set up some chairs that they already have. The ceremony won't take too long so maybe you could decorate with just a few potted plants. The hotel may let you use a few of theirs. Then you wouldn't have to worry about setting up or decorating another space.

I think that we're going to have to rent the skating rink Friday AND Saturday just so that I have enough time to decorate. But then we would have to leave Friday night and it is a public space- it could get trashed. Ok positive thoughts, positive thoughts,...

That would be too cute to take a few pictures with your cat!!

Whoa $39!! I hope that she did order it. That's a great price! Especially for a wedding party dress because it seems that anything for a wedding is completely over priced.

We were going to each have one person but we decided against it. The JOP said that we really just need two witness to sign the license and so we were going to ask our moms to do that. We're going to do it this way because once you ask one person it's like a domino effect and then you feel like you have to ask three other people. We're having such a small simple wedding- I think that a big wedding party would be out of place.

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 12:55 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

Youre invites sound pretty cute. I havent found any I like yet. I am with you in big weddings.. too much work and money.

We contacted the hotel we wanted to have our wedding at and its 20 bucks a plate for a quarter chicken dinner plus a tip. $800 for 40 people plus 100 tip. Not too bad I guess if splitting two ways. Still. LOL. and thennn she goes on to say that theres no fee for the ballroom but a purchase purchase is of $3000.00. CHOKE. lol..so I guess on to another place. She said she realizes that `May`be much for 50 people but its because they can book it for a mouch larger group.. LOL. anyhow.. we will be on the look out for a few other places.

The dress we didnt order, i dont know what the MOH has decided. I say no rush because if I can find a deal now, Im sure there will be others.

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

You are absolutely right about that. I think that if you keep your eyes open for deals/bargains then you'll find them.

Keep looking!! You'll find a place that has everything that you're looking for. Have you looked at any restaurants with private rooms?

What is your wedding budget? Or what is the absolute most that you will spend on your wedding? You don't have to answer though if you don't want to. Just curious as to how much other people spend on their weddings.

I'm trying to finalize my colors for the wedding so that I can start on some on my DIY stuff. I'm kind of going back and forth between three choices.
#1. ivory, mocha and red
#2. ivory, mocha, champagne, lilac and plum
#3. ivory and mocha (no other colors added or do colorful flowers like purple and orange)

....I don't know......

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 9:26 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

I really like your first choice of colors - ivory, mocha and red. Very elgant and the red ties in and more summery.

For my wedding budget, of course everyone wants more and pay less, but since Im having around 45 people there is no way i was going with hotel. I think 20 bucks a plate is the most Id ever pay, im hoping to get it for 12-14 bucks. I will probably just contact a cater myself and I will probably rent a hall. I can decorate and make it really nice for less than $3,000. LOL Im thinking no more than 500 for a place. I think I could probably get some places around here for $200-$300. So probably anywhere for $1,500-$2,500. How about you?

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 10:41 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

My budget is pretty much the same as yours. The outdoor skating rink is in a park and the park has different sections and the one section has a park shelter with tables and private bathrooms and I think that we're going to rent that section now instead of the skating rink. You would need to rent tables and a tent to go over the rink area and I checked out the prices and they were pretty expensive for that stuff. It's only about $100 to rent for the whole day so not bad.

Our budget is $2,500 - $3,000 which I think is do-able for such a small wedding. The biggest expense will be the photographer. The cheapest one that I found is $1,500 and that's only for a couple of hours.

The halls that I checked into were around $1,000 so they were out. Even a local fire hall wanted $800! No thank you!

Still working on the color scheme....there's too many choices that I like. And it doesn't help that I don't really have a favorite color.

We'll have to share low budget tips! LOL

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 1:47 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

Yes for sure, we will share cheapest tips!!hhaha The cheapest but still looks good wins!!! : -- Wow 800 bucks for a fire hall???!! Can you set it on fire afterwards.. wow no thanks for sure. Thats craaaaaaaazy.

We will check a few other hotels around here...we are trying to save for our house in which we havent saved much. lol But anyhow, depending on the size of the backyard, we might be able to do it there.
We are hoping to purchase a place before the wedding, thats why we pushed the date for 2012.

Ive noticed in last weeks flyer that Michaels only had the 40% coupon. :/ Saddens me.. LOL. Im glad I picked up the stuff we been wanting/needing. :) but even still 40% is pretty cheap too. :P Im sure they will have more, if not there always around this time of year. It was like 8 weeks of 50% coupons so we got some pretty cheap stuff.

For my friend thats gettin married next year, (the one who didnt invite me)I may go to michaels and buy some picture frames they are 50 bucks a peice.. you can use a coupon or sometimes they have buy one get one free.. so Im just going to do that. It would be 100 bucks in a gift but really I only paid 50. haha she wont know the difference!!!! :P They are a black frame with an old fashion design.. one is a huge picture.. so one of their fav wedding picture can go in there and then theres a matching 3 5x7 photos. Its really nice and I actually
want them too. So theres a cheap gift/tip right there!! ;p

Edited by: AmyandNic on Oct 21, 2010 1:48 PM

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 6:46 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

That would be so special if you could get married at your new home! You would also be able to really go all out with the decorations in the backyard because well you live there! Haha

I would rather save for a house then have a big elaborate wedding too. A wedding is just one day, an important day, but still it's just a day. Anyway I love simple weddings!

I love that frame idea! And it's too funny because I do that little trick too!! I'll buy a present for someone and the price tag says that it's $49.99 but I got it in the clearance aisle for $15!! LOL I do that ALL THE TIME! I'm always on the hunt for a bargain.

My FMIL has offered again to do my flowers. I might just go ahead and let her. I know that it would make her really happy. And it would be one less thing that I had to worry about. My only issue is that she would be using fake flowers. Three of my friends just got married over the past couple of months and they all used fake flowers and I really didn't even notice the difference. IDK??

I have this crazy idea right now that I want to "stencil" my cake bags. They are just plain white bags that are stamped with our names in silver ink. I want to add some brown swirls to them but I've never seen that done before. I'm going to try and get some ideas/tips on how to do that today.

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 8:41 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

What do you think of something like this for our centerpieces?

Photobucket

Posted: Oct 23, 2010 7:59 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

Ok I am 100% NOT going to do anything like that centerpiece that I posted yesterday. I guess I was having a "moss would be perfect" moment and it has now passed!! LOL

I just wanted to show you one of the hairstyles that I'm considering getting. (The one on the right)

Photobucket

You just need some ribbon to make the headbands. You could also cut the ribbon and make a headband out of it by using elastic bands. I've never tried this but I found a DIY tutorial on how to make one.

http://www.alteredcloth.com/blog/2007/07/how-to-make-a-headband-easy-ribbon-headband.php

Posted: Oct 23, 2010 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

Gotta love great deals -- totally into save a buck here and there! A great bargain hunter!

Yuh, wasnt too crazy about the moss center peices, I wouldve done fake flowers instead of moss. i know I get in that stage too, Im like I want this and then it paases. :P
Good thing we have a lot of time a head to still decided what we want and change.. haha :P

The head ribbon peice is cool. Im getting a tiara. Ill have green and blue ribbon wrapped around.

My hair is shortso all probably curl the sides a bit and bangs to the side. The back is shirt, so ill just fluff it, give it texture. Im naturally blonde but past two years havent been a brunette. :P Love it. So much for blonde jokes.. hehe ( thats not the reason why I did it)

So day three of the gym kicked my ass. Had a good work out. If I can just keep it up until the wedding.. ugh. :P

Posted: Oct 24, 2010 6:47 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

I really need to start working out too. This week coming up though will be so crazy busy for me and I have a cold and a sore throat so that's slowing me down a bit. I just need to do it though!

There are sooo many hairstyles that I like. I have dark brown (really almost black) hair that is super curly and it's just past my shoulder blades.

The tiara with the ribbons sounds pretty!

I'm planning on going dress shopping this coming June. What about you? Are you going for the white wedding dress or something else? I think that I'm going for the "traditional white wedding dress" but I could see myself wearing a dress that's not white.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine