Need Relationship Advice

Online Users: 1,286 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

turtle2 Posts : 56 Registered: 11/3/09
Need Relationship Advice
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 11:03 PM

I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years. In love too. In the past year I connected with a guy and we became best friends. This is a problem. My boyfriend is jealous and thinks my friend will fall in love with me because I help him with his problems. See my boyfriend often helps girls with their problems and in the past two girls fell in love with him over it. I am also starting to worry if my friend likes me or worse, that i'm mistaking my feelings toward him as something more. What do I do? Should I ditch my friend completely? That seems hard to me...

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Need Relationship Advice
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 9:13 AM Go to message in response to: turtle2

Dear TnR,

Let's see. Boyfriend can have friendships with other girls and help them with their problems, but he objects to you having relationships with other guys and help them with their problems.

It's OK if the other girls fall in love with him, but not OK of the other guys fall in love with you.

Hmmm...

I suggest you both need to grow up a bit (a lot) so you can understand boundaries in various friendships. You might also reconsider the wisdom of spending the rest of your life with a control freak.

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Aug 25, 2010 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: turtle2

Totally agree with Aunt. How old are you both? Sorry, but this sounds like high school. Secure, mature people don't get jealous over friendships--unless you're giving out signals that yours might be something more than friendship. Are you? Could you deliberately be provoking jealousy? If not, and the jealousy has no rational basis, then I suggest that you run--fast! Irrational jealousy only gets worse with time.

myra@classysassyweddings.com

turtle2 Posts : 56 Registered: 11/3/09
Posted: Oct 18, 2010 9:40 PM Go to message in response to: turtle2

whoa this turned into something else! haha but thank you for the advice everyone. I am young and naive and STILL believe I should, and will, be getting married before I am 20. My bf is the jealous type, and he will have to get over it. My friend and I will probably never be that close again but that's a good thing because he is a little bit (a lot a bit) of a flirt! haha well that's teenage hormones for ya! We just became really close as friends over this one summer and it was weird for me because i'm not used to having male friends let alone close male friends (besides my bf of course) it taught me some fun things :) I am glad for it but I cannot be that close to him because of the flirting thing. I choose to respect my bf even though he might be blowing it out of proportion. It's no longer a problem. Thank You Everyone!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 21, 2012 1:49 PM Go to message in response to: turtle2

A-line Orange Sweetheart Open Back Mini Prom Dress With Sequins
Save up to 38% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $99.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-orange-sweetheart-open-back-mini-prom-dress-with-sequins-p-32107.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine