ANYONE OUT THERE WAITING TIL 2012???

Online Users: 1,280 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 83

deliciousappleb... Posts : 15 Registered: 8/21/10
Re: ANYONE OUT THERE WAITING TIL 2012???
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 6:15 PM Go to message in response to: CupCakeMeg

I don't have a ring yet either, but he says we'll be able to go get it pretty soon (we've already picked the one we want). Wedding will likely be early fall 2012, just because it takes so long to save up the money...

I don't how everyone does it. Are we supposed to be spending as we save, like putting down deposits before we have the actual full payment in the bank yet, or are we supposed to be waiting until we have the entire budget saved before we start booking vendors? I just feel like if we wait until we have the money, it will be even later than it already is! I'm not sure what the protocol is, I know nothing about weddings.

AmyandNic Posts : 87 Registered: 5/1/10
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 9:19 PM Go to message in response to: deliciousappleb...

vendors do require a deposit so save up for it and then save up the rest for the actual day! I have boughts lots of things for our wedding and because we shopped early, we got some awesome savings! Shop early and save money! :)

sandygc7140900 Posts : 1 Registered: 2/16/09
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 7:58 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

My FH and I got engaged 02/11/09 and have a date set for 02/11/12.. I cannot wait till 2012!!! =0) I already have an idea of what I want and also the colors... so.. Hopefully I don't turn into a Bridezilla... (l.o.l)... Anyone watch that show????? =0)

Posted: Sep 16, 2010 8:39 PM Go to message in response to: sandygc7140900

never heard of the show.. but i like watching Wedding SOS on TLC and Rich Bride, Poor Bride also on TLC.

I cant wait for 2012 as well. There has been great deals in The Michael's flyer! Ive picked up a lot of things along the way. I basically have everything for the reception, except of course REAL flowers. My Sister-in-law to be found a Upick flower place for a bunch of flowers right cheap. I soo cant wait to see whatever thing is going to look like. Ive also looked online and got inspired by some Do it yourself wedding ideas. I'm still up in the air on the dress that I want to wear.

linz Posts : 7 Registered: 8/31/10
Posted: Sep 17, 2010 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

Hi ladies!
My wedding date is April 28, 2012!
I can't wait, we would've looked at fall 2011, but need to save up some more money and it'll take me that long to plan, especially w/ two kids running around!
I'm so excited!
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL!

Jaymee Posts : 143 Registered: 10/6/10
Posted: Oct 6, 2010 5:26 AM Go to message in response to: linz

Hi ladies!

My wedding date is June 2, 2012!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Posted: Oct 6, 2010 8:59 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

660 days till my wedding - july 27, 2012. How is everyones wedding planning going?

Jaymee Posts : 143 Registered: 10/6/10
Posted: Oct 6, 2010 9:39 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

I have 605 days to go and it seems like forever!

I just ordered my save-the-dates from Vista Print. I'm going to be sending them out around xmas next year so I just ordered the business cards and then I can put one in each card. They have a special going on right now where you get 250 cards for free and you just have to pay for shipping.

Photobucket

(this is the background of the cards)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

ChrisBride Posts : 33 Registered: 1/14/09
Posted: Oct 13, 2010 7:33 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

Our wedding date is 06/30/2012 and I've been planning since April! I swear it seems like everything's going so fast and I thought I had a whole bunch of time...Next thing I realized we're almost a year and a half! We've decided to buy things over the two years like invites we bought 2 weeks ago because we already have the venues and figured we mind as well get them out of the way. It seems like costs are really going down because everythings being done little by little

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Posted: Oct 13, 2010 7:44 PM Go to message in response to: ChrisBride

Yes, defintley buying things along the way helps in the long run, rather than dishing out lots of money all at once. Ive got a lot already bought. :) The invites.. ahhhhh Im still teying to find ones I like. I like the ones where you open it up with the ribbon and open it and the invite is in the middle and down below in the pockets are the RSVP's. Next srping, Im going to rent the venue. Cannnnnnnnt wait!!! :)

lissagettingmar... Posts : 22 Registered: 5/29/10
Posted: Oct 13, 2010 9:31 PM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

I guess it's more common to have a 2012 date now than last year, but my FH and I are also planning a 2012 wedding. We're thinking September 2012, and we want to get married on a Sunday - so I imagine either the 16, 23, or 30 will be our date. We also wanted time to save up and also for me to finish my coursework - I'm in a PhD program. So between now and then there are 23 months, hee!

We're already doing some preliminary planning - we're looking at venues and planning on making a trip down to Atlanta (we're both in New York/New Jersey) to look at the venues in person. I also found a pair of wedding shoes that I HAVE to have and I think they're going to be discontinued, lol!

Scottsgirl027 Posts : 2 Registered: 5/26/10
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 8:26 AM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

Scott and I got engaged in July and are planning for June 1, 2012. I thought it was a while away but looking at a calendar it is only about a year and a half out now! Perfect time frame for planning :)

Danyelle2012 Posts : 4 Registered: 10/7/10
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 9:49 AM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

I just got engaged 2 weeks ago. We have not set an exact date but it will probably be in the spring of 2012. Trying to get a few bills paid off, so I can make more bills to pay for this wedding...lol Right now Im just looking at locations so that at least that will be booked and out of the way.

TheWrights Posts : 1 Registered: 5/30/10
Posted: Oct 15, 2010 12:33 AM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

OMG! I thought I was the only one. Yeah, I got engaged in May and we aren't getting married until July 14,2012. We are waiting until we finish graduate school. It feels like it's taking forever!!!

peacockprincess Posts : 4 Registered: 12/8/08
Posted: Oct 15, 2010 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

You're going to die when you read this but - we wanted our wedding to be on the 4th of July on a weekend, so we picked 7/4/2015!! There's nothing wrong with waiting... I mean, you're going to be spending forever together anyway so what's 5 years?! PLUS it'll give you time to save and prepare and you'll have all the things you wanted for you and your soon-to-be. Best wishes!

I love you more today than I did yesterday; tomorrow, I'll love you even more.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine