July 2012 Brides

Online Users: 1,315 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 202

AmyandNic Posts : 87 Registered: 5/1/10
July 2012 Brides
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 11:25 PM

July 2012 brides where are you? :)

Im getting married July 27, 2012. When in July is your big day?? :)

I love summer and summer weddings! <3

Edit

We have changed our date to July 7 2012!

Edited by: AmyandNic on Apr 5, 2011 10:46 PM

Jaymee Posts : 143 Registered: 10/6/10
Re: July 2012 Brides
Posted: Oct 7, 2010 8:58 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

Hi Amy!

I thought that I would just pop in and say hi. I'm not a July 2012 Bride but I'm close- June 2012.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

Hey! Close for sure!!! I only have 658 days to go.. haha.. Nice to see someone else who is getting married in the summer of '12. I got engaged in June. How about you? I fogured its time to add a thread in for us. :) Cant wait to read other stories of other brides to be - 2012. :)

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 6:11 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

I got engaged in June of this year too! I only have 602 days to go!

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

Awesome.. We got engaged June 12th. I wanted a summer wedding and love the 27th because thats my bday (feb 27th) and I love July. How far along are you with the planning? I purchased a lot ever since we got engaged..probably buy the dree 8 months before the wedding..although I have ideas what I want. We picked out blue and green.. blue is my finaces fav color and mine is green with 2 hearts being the theme. I have seen so much blue and green this summer at stores.. so we were able to get blue and green things! :) I like to have a nice backdrop...so still looking around for ideas.

Posted: Oct 11, 2010 9:57 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

Whoa it sounds like you have a ton done! I need to get moving. I know where we're having the ceremony and reception (outdoor ice skating rink), the budget is pretty much set, the guest list is done, I have a color scheme and I know who will be in the wedding party. For colors I'm going to use mocha, burnt orange and purple. I know that they aren't really summer colors but I love them and I think that they'll go nice with our casual rustic theme wedding. I'm not going to go dress shopping until this summer. Oh, and I already ordered the S.T.D.'s and the postcard invitations. I have plans for a lot of DIY stuff so I'll be starting on some of that soon hopefully! LOL

Blue and green are perfect colors for summer!! What shades were you going to use? I like your double heart theme. Very romantic!

Posted: Oct 11, 2010 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

I have no idea how to add pic on here.. lol but the cloest I could find is this link of my color scheme. http://www.fancyflours.com/blue-lime-green-ribbon.html
The dark blue.. turquiose and the green.. they both have a shine in the ribbon.. so they look perfect together. The ribbion will be use on center peices and on the cake - three tier.. I think marble.. blue on top, green in middle abnd blue on the bottom (ribbon) all white cake with some fancy design in the cake with fresh flowers I think only on top with our cake top .. two hears! :)

Any idea how to add pictures.. I love to show you it.. I defintley will add pics after the wedding. We have the guest list made up already about 40 people. We have the wedding party pretty much lines up .. except one of the bridesmaid.. i havent yet chosen who i want it to be. My best friend since grade one, my friend since grade 7 (shes gettin married next year and didnt even ask me to be in her wedding) or my other friend since grade 10 ( she got married and asked me to be in her wedding but I didnt end up doing it.) So Im thinking my friend since grade one. I havent asked her yet, but Im sure she wouldnt mind as I would do it for her.. after all these years of being friends. I just havent talked much to her lately or I guess kinda throughout the years but shes the type you can talk for 10 mins and wont seem youve been apart.

We still have to find a place for ceremony/reception.. probably at a ball room in a hotel we will stay at for the night and ceremony there as well. I dont want people traveling from one place to another. My Finaces family is all from here, as well as my brother his wife and kid. My parents are 2 hrs from here so its not too bad.
I also plan to do some DIY projects as well. Our wedding favors are 3x6 medium size candles .. we are making our lables.. I have already bought the paper so all we need it to print them off and put them on it.. I have a little heart decoration whih i will tie with raffia.. thinking to dye it blue and green.. michaels has it 4 colors.. with purple and another color for $11 bucks but I can probably do it cheaper or just leave the natural whey color. I dont want to do anything complicated!! lol Easiest and modern.

Posted: Oct 11, 2010 5:59 PM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

Photobucket

This is the design of our S.T.D.'s that I ordered from Vista Print.

Photobucket

I ordered these postcards from Vista Print in the same background but I designed them as our invites.

For photos I use www.photobucket.com. I just click on one of my photos there and then copy the HTML code that's in a little gray box on the left of the screen and then paste it here in the message box. Just the code shows up but once you post the message the picture shows up. I hope that helps!! And please don't be offended if I over explained that to death but I NEED that much direction when it comes to computers! LOL

Your friend since grade one sounds good to me too.

You might have some luck finding some cheap raffia on ebay. I buy TONS of stuff on ebay and I've found some really great deals over the years. I'll probably be getting some wedding stuff that way.

Photobucket

I really like this cake a lot and it helped to inspire my color scheme. I like what your planning for your cake! And not because it sounds like a similar design to this one but in white! LOL

Our guest lists are about the same size. I'm only planning on inviting about 50 people myself.

....600 days to go.....

Posted: Oct 11, 2010 6:05 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

I ♥ your colors!!

Posted: Oct 12, 2010 12:52 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

hey ,

Thanks for the info on how to upload pictures.. Ill have to try sometime soon to do it! :) The cake picture is excatly like what we want.. but in white even the design in white.. gives it texture and elegant. Withe blue/green/blue ribbon - 3 tier. :) Our cake topper is just like the hearts thats on my wedding date timer.
Got a lot of stuff already done, just need to think about where everything will be held. Ill probably book sometime in the spring. It shouldnt be too hard to find a place.. Im hoping. :)

Just kicking back and enjoying our engagment time. Are you having an engagment party? We want to have one but we have decided yet if we will. Everyone knows pretty much everyone.. so thats pretty awesome and everyone gets along! :) I cant wait to see it all together!

Posted: Oct 13, 2010 7:26 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

I knew that your cake would be sort of like that but all white! I love that design. I think it's so pretty.

I like your cake topper. Did you get the one that has crystals on one side and is plain on the other side? I already bought our cake topper too. It looks like this one but it has another line that runs through it.

Photobucket

I don't think that you'll have much trouble either finding a place especially since you have a small guest list by wedding standards. I'm doing a small wedding too.

Engagement party??....probably a no for us. We have a ton going on right now and we'll be really busy until the end of the year so we probably won't have one.

I might be using my color scheme in a different way. I want to use mocha, burnt orange and purple but my mom keeps on saying that those are FALL colors and I should pick something else. I think that I will do a white and mocha color scheme BUT the centerpieces will be purple and burnt orange flowers.

Do you think that I should get rid of the purple and orange? Maybe add another color to it (just for the centerpieces)? I was going to use purple and orange calla lilies for the centerpieces.

Photobucket

My mom likes the mocha/chocolate and white colors though. My mom is coming over in a little while and we're going to look for ideas online. Wish me luck! LOL

Posted: Oct 13, 2010 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

Yes, my cake topper has crytals on em. At Michaels they wanted $21.99 but I got it at Bulk Barn (candy/chocolate/baking place) for 13 bucks taxes in. LOL I love a sweet deal. All the stuff i got along the way, I got awesome deals. Espically reently at Michaels (art/craft store) they had 50% off coupon on anything reg. prices. I used like 5 coupons.. of course not all at once. I was in there like every day that week. haha The cake server and knife both have hearts and the candle stands, one for a big pillar candle and two one for skinnier candles. Our napkins I got at walmart $2.95 says "a perfect pair" 16 in a pkg.with two hearts and a cute gold and black border, I will use when we serve the cake. At this other wedding/party for samething but they wanted $5.95.

Yes, I dont think Ill have a problem finding a place. It'll be a very cute/intimate wedding. I didnt want a big wedding.. I just wanted my close friends and family.

Your color scheme sounds really nice. I would go with whatever you want to go with. Its what you picked out and what you like, and after all, it is your wedding. Just be sure youre sble to find the "fall like covers" during fall season so you have it in time for your wedding. I wouldnt change it..I leave it as is,.. I liked the sound of the colors and they will complement each color to color, making it elgant yet phisticated.

I havent let my mom in any of my details. LOL I am the only girl in the family, I have three brothers, two older, one younger and the 2nd oldest got married but they got married with Justie of the Peace snd a reception at a resturant.. so they didnt go to deccrotive/ planning ideas. I dunno if my mom would butt in, I dont think Id let her anyway,.. haha but we will see... but most things are finalized and not much to do other than get the party favors together. My Maid of Honor and a bridesmaid cant wait to decorative, so pretty glad that I know they will pitch in.

Theres not much more else to plan, just have to wait and see where our placce will be. I must have a place that allows candles to be lit. I love candles and will have lots everywhere. For flowers for our center peices, Im just gonna go to the grocery store and get them and get one of my bridesmaid or MOH to put them together.
Save some money on the middle person - florist. Although the bouqet will be done proffesional for pics. :) Have meduim size with tiger lillys and maybe some white roses. I may not use blue or green flowers.. I may just incorprate it in with blue and green ribbon. Pinks and oranges are gorgeous so maybe use those colors. MOH and bridesmaid, something smiliar. Oh I canttttt wait!!! :P

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

I love a good deal too!! LOL

This is my cake topper.

Photobucket

Not the best picture of it though. I got it on ebay for $2.50!!

I think that I will be spending a lot of time at Michael's over the next 19 months. I ran in there last night just to get a pack of cardstock and they had a big bin of stuff on clearance. I found a pack of 8 gratuity cards for like the photographer or florist and it was marked down to $2.99. So I grab it and checked out and it rang up for $1! I think that I'm going to try and stop in there atleast once a month and when I actually have time to just look around.

Photobucket

They're ivory and brown too!

My mom and I found a picture of a cake that's white with the same type of design on it done in chocolate and I really like it. It has flowers on it in yellow, orange, purple and red. My mom really liked it too. I guess it wasn't TOO FALL for her even though there's still purple and orange in it.

I hate to admit it but I think I like her idea better than mine. She suggested that I use white and brown as the two main colors and then have accents like the centerpieces with orange, yellow, purple and red flowers.

Here's the cake:

Photobucket

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 10:13 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

That's a really good price for napkins! I was checking out the napkins that come printed with your names and wedding date on them and they're pretty expensive-well expensive for napkins. I may just get plain colored ones. It would cost me about $50 total with the shipping to get one set of the big ones and one set of the small ones for cake. Each set has 100 napkins but I could get 100 napkins from a dollar store for $5. IDK??

I think that I'm going to make my own toasting flutes but I'll probably buy the cake knife set at walmart. I saw them there for $14.88 which isn't too bad.

I'm with you on cutting out the florist. I was also planning on just getting the flowers from the grocery store OR buying fake flowers and letting my FMIL make all the arrangements. She makes really pretty arrangements with fake flowers. She's really very talented and she's already offered!

I love orange and pinks together too! Those colors will really pop against the blue and green. Sounds very pretty!!

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 11:47 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

wow $2.50 for a cake topper!!!! WOW! Better than I did. :D
LOVE a good deal! Love the design of your cake.. similair as well what I like for my cake. If you keep an eye out for the coupons sometimes they have 50% off at Michaels. I bought the candle holders 39.99 and got for 21 bucks, my knife set was 34.99 and got for 17 bucks! They always have 40% each week. Oh, instead of the guestbook, we also bought the wedding picture frame where everyone can sign it around the picture. Love that, rather than the book. Be nice to see every day hung on the wall, rather than pulling the book out here and there.

My center peices are kinda like mason jars but taller and will have fresh flowers. I would defintley go for real flowers than fake.. for center peices anyway. This is what everyone is gonna be looking at all night..Im gonna have tiger lillys two or three and then finish off with whatever colorful flowers and tie either the green and blue ribbon together in a bow or just cut itso it goes all around the vase. We will have six tables.. so Ill just split up 1 bouquet for two tables. I got 8 for 16 bucks, from a pervious wedding.
My head flower peice may be fake as I can just re-sell it.

I found blue and green tulle at Fabricville so I might do both colors around the headtable or just blue and then flowers. I dont know if I will do the garland. I think everyone does it.. I like without too with the lights. I also bought tulle it was 49 bucks and got for 24 bucks at michaels. Its plain white. I couldnt find anything else I needed to buy. lol :P Oh and I bought envelope seals for my invites.. theyre silver with two heats. Of course :P

Edited by: AmyandNic on Oct 14, 2010 11:49 AM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine