need some advice

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

Latasha Posts : 5 Registered: 8/17/10
need some advice
Posted: Sep 23, 2010 7:25 PM

Hello Everyone!! My fiancee and I are getting married Lord Willing on October 7, 2011. The color scheme that I'm going with is pink and brown. However; I just feel like I need to mix the colors up because of the fall season..I don't want to stress nor be a bridezilla...LOl..please help me out with any suggestions you have..Also, let me know what colors and type of flowers I should use..

I greatly appreciate all of your help!!!

Latasha

Edited by: Latasha on Sep 23, 2010 7:25 PM

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: need some advice
Posted: Sep 23, 2010 7:35 PM Go to message in response to: Latasha

Dear Latasha,

" The color scheme that I'm going with is pink and brown. However; I just feel like I need to mix the colors up because of the fall season.."

I'm so glad you wrote.

A couple of years ago I went to THREE weddings in a row that were chocolate brown and pink. These were people I knew from different areas of my life, so there were no copycats.

So... in my opinion brown and pink are "done".

Don't freak out yet. I have an alternate suggestion. Your instincts to mix more colors is exactly right. It seems that every bride thinks their marriage won't be valid unless they do everything in one dominant color and one accent. Not true! You can call on coordinating colors to make your day.

Remember, also, that when you are in the planning stage, you are looking only at your choices. (Invitations, cake, bridesmaids dresses, etc.) On W-Day, you will have many guests there with a whole variety of colors. Your "official" colors will be diluted by the mix of all the other colors on the ladies' dresses, etc.

Thus: I'll give you the same advice I've given others. Go to a paint store and get color chips of various colors that appeal to you. Cut them apart, then mix and match.

There's a good website called colorsontheweb.com that you can use to educate yourself about complementary colors, hues, shades, etc.

With your existing brown and pink, I'd consider adding an orange that looks good with your particular shade of pink, then various shades of brown and orange.

Latasha Posts : 5 Registered: 8/17/10
Posted: Oct 7, 2010 9:12 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Thank you so very much!! I found the website very useful and I"m glad that I was listening to my gut instinct as well.

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 1:23 AM Go to message in response to: Latasha

Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 2:04 PM Go to message in response to: Latasha

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4970 is just $399.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine