The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 1,368 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Oct 4, 2010 9:02 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

He tries the coffee thing sometimes. "i'm a little concerned about your caffeine intake" when I go for a second cup. I'm like "F U" and I just go abuot my business!

Whenever he tries to get on me I tell him to Google it, he never does, and then I just do it anyway. LOL

Brooke I forgot to comment on your lunchmeat concern. Talk to your Dr of course..but, personally, I still eat it once in a while. As long as you get it from a good deli and you're not eating Lunchables that have been on the shelf for weeks, you should be fine. I went through a stage where all I wanted was sandwiches..and I still ate them. However I'm not a big "rule follower"...which is why I recommend your Dr first. Just listen to your body. You'll know what's right.

I can't lie though, I'll drink a glass of wine, then get myself in a panic if I don't feel her move the next morning. Then I remind myself, she probably slept in from the Sauvignon Blanc...I would if I could :)

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Oct 4, 2010 9:32 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I didn't mind it at all, Pharm. It just really caught me off guard.

wedding ticker

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Posted: Oct 5, 2010 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Brooke - I've had cramping but from everything I've read it sounds normal. I'm officially on day one of missed period and very excited! Now I think it will start to settle in... I go to the prenatal consult tomorrow and they'll confirm with a blood test. I've now taken 6 HPT's though and they are all positive, lol! I've also had a very watery mouth, nausea and total insomnia. To say I've been an emotional basketcase would be a total understatement!

wedding ticker for myspace  BabyFruit Ticker

Posted: Oct 5, 2010 11:50 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Thats awesome your Dr will see you so soon! I had to wait til week 7 to get in. That was a LONG 3 week wait. And I was a wreck the whole time. Once you go and get confirmation, you will feel calmer. My BP is always through the roof when I go to the Dr b/c I get myself so worked up that something will be wrong. I had it down to 133/82 the last time...my lowest yet! LOL

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Oct 5, 2010 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Yeah NJ. I think I was week 6-7 before I was seen. But that's standard at my practice.

Honestly, I almost wish I hadn't known for as long as I've known because it's DRAGGED and I'm just finishing the first trimester. rolls eyes

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Posted: Oct 5, 2010 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I'm really psyched that they are seeing me so soon but like PTG said I really am not digging the fact that I found out so soon! I mean yeah, it's great to know but at the same time I feel like this is going to take FOREVER! I am not the most patient person, lol! It doesn't help that my friend miscarried recently so I'm all nerved up that it could happen to me. I know that I can't control it and I shouldn't stress but, GOD HELP ME. I want to scream it from the mountain tops and I've gotta keep my lips sealed! This is the hardest secret I've ever had to keep.

We told my in-laws this weekend. I found a baby brag book that said "Grandparents Dream Come True". I warpped it up and my MIL started crying as soon as she opened it. I've also told my mom and one sister and everyone is super excited! She had a Vermont Teddy Bear waiting in the wings (she has a ridiculous stash of baby paraphenalia) that she gave me yesterday. It says "Bearfoot and Pregnant" on the t shirt and has a little belly, an ice cream cone with a pickle on top in one hand and chocolate in the other! It's really cute and was fun to get something baby related! :)

I also found out my BIL is proposing in the next few weeks! I told hubby to spill the beans before then so he doesn't fell like we're stealing his thunder if we tell him after. He's kind of the sensitive type. I'm really happy for them though. She's older that him (he's 27 she's almost 35). They've been together for 8 months and she's ready to start cranking out kids ASAP, lol. It will be a very exciting time for everyone in the family!!

wedding ticker for myspace  BabyFruit Ticker

Posted: Oct 5, 2010 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

OMG my first trimester DRAGGED too. Especially b/c nothing is really going. Not really any physical changes (belly-wise) and no moving around or anything. But now, it's def going faster. I'm halfway now!

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Oct 5, 2010 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Wow Mrs Paul! it was nice they could get you in so quickly!! I have to wait till 9 weeks! UGh! But they said I'll get ot hear the heartbeat at that appt!! So I'm really psyched!! But then my first US isn't until 20 weeks, that feels FOREVER away!! haha Like you, I'm not very patient! I just want everything confirmed and I feel I can relax a bit, haha!

I called a different Dr and made an appt with them. They still recommend seeing many of the Dr's or midwives in the practice but I'm thinking that's just how it is mostly anymore. But I liked them because they had midwives so I feel I have more options. Plus, they are connected to the Birth Center there so I'll get more info as I go along.

So we're telling our parents this weekend, I can't wait! I've been trying to think all week how I want to tell them and trying to think of some creative ways. So it'll be fun! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Oct 5, 2010 10:30 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

1st tri dragged for me too. I'm just barely in 2nd tri. It felt like forever. I just want this pregnancy over and done with. Or at least the HG. :\

MrsPaul, I'm glad you got an appointment! It's so early! I thought 7-8 weeks was routine. Let us know how it goes!

Brooke, good luck telling your parents about the pregnancy! I can't wait to hear how it went!

I'm not feeling too well today so I'm going to head to bed early!

Nat (23) Nate (33) L&E- March 17, 2010 A- January 26, 2011

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Oct 6, 2010 7:25 AM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

That was a lot to read, lol.

Kelly, love the cat story. Do you have Brian pics on your facebook?

The registry was hard to figure it out. There are some things we never used and are unopen. I keep forgetting to return them. I think is kind of late for that. I'm guilty of regifted a couple of them to my friend from work. She had them on her registry.

DH wasn't too excited at the beginning. He was freaking out at the hight rate of MS (it was higher in my case). After I have the U/S at 9 weeks and we heard the heart beat, he got completely excited. And we decided to tell everyone instead of waiting until the end of first trimester.

It was very hard keeping the secret those first weeks. Especially at my bachelorette party. I told my friends we were TTC.

I had very happy news: Dylan crawled last night! Exactly at 8 months.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

FinallyMrsF Posts : 285 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Oct 6, 2010 9:10 AM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Hi everyone! I haven't posted on here since last fall, when I was down in the dumps about not TTC yet. Well its a good thing we waited because it only took one month of trying. I'm 8 weeks pregnant and have my 1st appointment today! I have known for over 4 weeks and I am super excited to be starting the last stretch of the 1st trimester.

I haven't had any m/s just loss of appetite. I've lost 11 lbs since July and 6 since finding out I am preggo. I have mild hyperthyroidism that is being monitored monthly, so I really hope it doesn't cause any problems.

Congrats to all momma's to be!

Posted: Oct 6, 2010 10:56 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsF

Congrats MrsF!

So I had my appointment today. The baby was uncooperative so no heartbeat today - but that's not unusual. I've actually lost 2 lbs - as long as I'm not gaining right now (as I'm already 'fluffy' to begin with) that's a good thing.

Overall the appointment was short and sweet. I confirmed that I need to get a flu shot - she told me it was safe, but wasn't sure it was absolutely necessary - until I told her I'm prone to bronchitis/pneumonia in the winter. So she said get it - because I'll be more likely to get the flu if I get b/p and vice versa. And while the flu shot doesn't preclude me getting the flu, it will help the severity.

Anyhow, so next week is the U/S appointment.

Posted: Oct 6, 2010 11:33 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I dont think I heard the heartbeat til 11 weeks. Not sure if they could have gotten it earlier, but thats just when I was at the Dr. Now it gets picked up right away! It just depends on where the baby is and stuff. How many weeks are you now?

I always have a hard time when people ask me how many months pregnant I am. On average 20 weeks is 5 months, but in pregnancy world it so isnt! I know when I conceived and that was only like 4 1/2 months ago...but I still have 5 months left til my due date. I know why it's weird--b/c they go off your last period. Maybe when I am 2 months away from Feb, I will say 7 months. Til then, you're getting it in weeks!

Someone at work also called me a weeble person yesterday. it went like this "Oh you look so cute today" then arms out to the sides like a wobbling person. And I said "are you calling me a weeble people?" and she said "well you're rounding out". THANKS!!! Love you too.

(I so am NOT rounding out, FYI)

Posted: Oct 6, 2010 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

oh yeah - the weeks/month thing is weird.

According to the calculator online - I'm 12 weeks, but that's from my last period. According to the doctor, I'm 10 weeks, 6 days because it's from ovulation. The second makes more sense to me, but when I look at where the baby is at developmentally online, I go by the first time. Ugh! And right now it sounds so much better to be 12 weeks along! LOL

I'm totally not worried. The NP said my uterus was where it was supposed to be (since it's growing) and before doing the Doppler she let me know that we may not hear it and that was OK. My gf who's an U/S tech said the same thing. So I was already prepared for it. LOL

Posted: Oct 6, 2010 11:56 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Right. In some of the books I have it will say "18 weeks (16 gestational weeks)" or something. But when the Dr measures me he says the week I am at...which is the week from my last period.

On another note, I may walk out of my office for lunch and not ever come back.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine