Where to register!!!!

Online Users: 1,253 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13

Butin123 Posts : 1 Registered: 9/23/10
Where to register!!!!
Posted: Sep 23, 2010 2:46 PM

I just got engaged and we are planning our wedding. We are on a low budget and department stores are ideal as to where to register. Does anyone have any good suggestions as to where my fiance and i should register? Pros and cons would be awesome!!!! Thanks everyone and congrats!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Where to register!!!!
Posted: Sep 23, 2010 3:46 PM Go to message in response to: Butin123

You'll get lots of different opinions - but that's not a bad thing. There used to be other threads about this, but I think they've gotten buried so this is a great topic to post about again.

I personally registered at Bed Bath and Beyond and JCPenneys.

I thought about registering at Target but then I read on here that their return policies were not great - must have a receipt for any credit, they were lax about removing things from the registry etc. One girl ended up with 3 Target toasters that they wouldn't take back even though it said Target on the boxes. (Now after that, I had heard something about their return policy being better, but still a PITA.)

I loved BBB - tons of stuff in the store, you may need to be careful about seasonal items (but that's true of any store), great coupons - 20% and other ladies have mentioned that you can return things (if you got more then one) for cash as well as store credit with a receipt.

Penney's also was extremely helpful, I just liked their circulon pots and pans more then anything I saw at BBB.

Looking back though, I probably could have just registered at BBB and been fine.

So that's my experience - Good luck!

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Sep 23, 2010 4:25 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

My cousin, who recently got married, registered at Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Target, and Sears. Sears was more for her now husband since it had more typical guy stuff (not that it can't be girl stuff too). Target was great for the variety and the in-store registry printout includes aisle identification to make it easy on the shopper. BBB also has a lot of variety. My cousin registered online though, not in the store, so a lot of what she chose wasn't available in our local BBB.

My best friend, whose wedding is Saturday, is only registered at Kohls. They have a great variety, and excellent coupons for Kohls Credit Card holders. Prices and sales are also good for non-card holders.

I liked that I could shop online from all stores they registered from.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*Met: 9/17/2009 *Started Dating: 11/14/2009 *Engaged: 11/13/2010 *Mr and Mrs: 9/17/2011
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Posted: Sep 23, 2010 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

I'll also say that Kohl's has a great return policy. All those advertisements are true. I know someone who works there and says it's a little crazy because something can be brought back that was OBVIOUSLY used and they have to take it back (I'm NOT advocating that).

SarahSarah Posts : 93 Registered: 10/9/09
Posted: Sep 23, 2010 5:13 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I would say it's a plus to register at stores that have customer friendly return policies, for your piece of mind.

I would suggest doing a little walk thru in your house and writing down a few gifts you like (pots for the kitchen, patio furniture for outside, towels for the bathroom) and that'll direct you where you should register at. I wouldn't register for more than two places, though. That might overwelm guests.

I do like Kohl's alot, and I'm not a fan of Target. The return policies are crap, clothing I've bought there falls apart, and the store brand face wash gave me a friggin' rash one time. Which I couldn't return! Pff on Target, I say!

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Sep 23, 2010 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: Butin123

Here's something else to consider: your wedding photographer may be able to set up a registry for you so that guests may put credit towards a wedding album, ect. Our photographer does that and we are so excited; prints and wedding albums are something personal and special that some couples never get around to purchasing.BBB is amazing for registries: they will give you cash for returns and keep your registry open for two years and you can get special discounts on your registry items for as long as your registry is open. I have heard that Target is not the place to get a registry at: they only keep your registry open for 30 days after your wedding, and they won't do returns without the receipt.

mallllll Posts : 4 Registered: 9/23/10
Posted: Sep 26, 2010 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

How was registering at JCPenney? Were they helpful? Good return policy? Would you mind telling me a little about it because there is a store a few minutes from my house and that seems like the most convenient! Thanks so much for your help!

Posted: Sep 26, 2010 11:07 PM Go to message in response to: mallllll

Actually I found JCPenney's to be extremely helpful, you can access things easily online and returning things was easy.

I personally recommend registering there - I at least had a great experience there.

SpideyBridey Posts : 66 Registered: 5/17/09
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: Butin123

I registered at BBB & Macy's. The only complaint I have about Macy's is that alot of their 'in store' items are unavailable for purchase online. A brief description of the item will show up on the online registry, but not a picture, so you don't really know what you're buying. Since online shopping is so convenient, I have a feeling those items were a little neglected...

BBB was fantastic - no complaints & you can return items for cash.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: Butin123

I did Target and Bed Bath and Beyond. I had good experiences with both, although thankfully I didnt have to return anything so I cant tell you how their return policy is. The only thing that I can say about BBB is that they may not have the item on the list there so it will take a while for them to ship it. But other than that both stores are great, they have great selections.

Photobucket wedding ticker

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Check out my wedding pictures in the photo gallery of my wedding website!!! :)

kellyheartsjeff Posts : 66 Registered: 2/25/09
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 12:31 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I registered at Macys, Bed, Bath & Beyond and Crate & Barrel. Crate & Barrel - cute stuff but it's so over priced and they never have coupons/sales. Bed, Bath & Beyond has EVERYTHING and they always have those 20% off coupons so I think guests like to shop from there.

My favorite has been Macy's though. Their stuff goes on sale like every 5 days. Anytime I am buying a wedding gift I get it from Macy's. And I also get 20% off coupons for their store all the time since I have their credit card. The other awesome thing about Macy's - if you register there and do the "my rewards" program, every dollar that a guest spends on you, you get 5% back after the wedding in the form of a gift card so you can go back and buy stuff off your registry that you didn't get. And anything I spend on my Macy's card for ANYTHING (clothes, makeup, other people's wedding gifts, etc) we get 10% back after the wedding. Needless to say - any shopping I have had to do this year has been at Macy's if I can help it!

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 12:39 PM Go to message in response to: kellyheartsjeff

OMG - I'm an idiot - I registered at Macy's not Penney's.

Lord, this pregnancy is going to be the death of my brain.

So everything I said about Penney's is actually about Macy's.

But I've previously had good experiences with Penneys, just not for my registry.

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: Butin123

I defintely have to second and third everything about the locations of the stores. DH's whole family is from a region where the mall is like an hour away and there are limited options for chain stores. So I went with BBB and Macys knowing that both were available. I probably wouldnt have been able to do something specific like Williams-Sonoma or Crate and Barrel...well I guess I could have but they would have had to shop online and I know sometimes I like to go to the store and feel things.

Its been a while since my registry days but I didnt have any issues with either store. But if I went back I'd probably nix Macys. We have a lot of stemware sitting in the garage that I will probably never use!

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 5:28 PM Go to message in response to: Butin123

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine