May 2012 brides. Anyone out there?

Online Users: 1,303 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 105

futureswedishbr... Posts : 115 Registered: 7/27/10
Re: May 2012 brides. Anyone out there?
Posted: Sep 20, 2010 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

I will let you know when I get that stuff. Why not just go ahead and stick with getting married May 2012? There are plenty of other locations I am sure. Plus If you change the date to September, I won't have anyone on here to share ideas and tips with. I don't know anyone else getting married then. Oh and guess what? I was at Wal*Mart earlier getting my Halloween costume and I went down the party aisle to see what I could find. I looked at their pinatas and I want to get a SpongeBob SquarePants one and have guests take turns whacking it open at the reception. What do you think of that idea?

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Posted: Sep 22, 2010 6:20 AM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

I like the pinata idea! I like it when people do fun different things at receptions rather than just sitting for hours and I also think that it's a great idea for something to do for those people who don't dance.

There is another park that we are considering using and I got the information on renting the local beach so we'll see what happens. I like the beach idea but it worries me because you can't get in before 8am and you HAVE to be all cleaned up to leave by 8pm.

We'll probably just go with the other park but it's not as nice as the one that I really want. Or we'll just go with the first weekend in June (so I'll still stay with this thread!!)

Posted: Sep 22, 2010 1:45 PM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

I want to stray away from the "traditional" wedding and just do what I want to do. Those kinds of weddings have always tended to bore me and I vowed that I would make my wedding different. I'm going to put Smarties and Starburst candies inside the pinata. I'm not sure where i'm going to hang the pinata at though.

Posted: Sep 22, 2010 1:48 PM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

Plus there's a local bridal shop here that is having a sale on October 2nd and on October 3rd. All brand new wedding dresses are a 100 bucks and all brand new bridesmaids dresses are just 10 bucks. Plus a portion of the proceeds go to a local foundation that helps women that have breast cancer. I'm wanting to go to that.

Posted: Sep 23, 2010 6:05 AM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

Can I come too? LOL I would definitely go to something like that if they were doing it near where I live.

Maybe you could hang the pinata from a pole of some kind and then ask someone to hold the pole up when it's time. I've seen people hang them from the middle of a broom handle and two guys hold the broom handles like a limbo stick. That might work for you. And you could easily decorate the broom handle with a little ribbon.

Posted: Sep 23, 2010 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

You're more than welcome to come out here for that. I could always have my Maid of Honor hold up the stick while everyone is taking a swing at the pinata.

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 5:31 AM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

Oh, I wanted to tell you that I think most pinatas use the pull strings now, well atleast all the ones that I've seen recently. You probably know that but I didn't.

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 1:15 PM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

I had a dream about my hairstyle for the wedding last night. I remember it so clearly. I love it and I think i'll use it when May 26th,2012 rolls around. I am also thinking about changing the location of my reception. How's your wedding planning coming along? Oh and I went to my cake tasting yesterday.

Posted: Sep 25, 2010 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

What type of hairstyle was it? I have a pretty good idea about how I want to wear my hair too but I need to find some pictures. It's hard to describe because it's kind of like a couple different styles put together.

Why are you going to change your reception venue?

How was your cake tasting? Were you able to book them yet?

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

Well the hairstyle I dreamt about was with two curly parts coming down on each side of the face and then the rest is half up and half down. I'm thinking about changing the reception hall because the one I have now, my heart just isn't into it anymore and i'm really liking this one hotel that first looked at but they won't let me book it until a year before the wedding. The cake tasting went wonderfully. I found out that one of my friends from church works there. I was able to put the deposit down on it.

Posted: Sep 30, 2010 6:39 AM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

The hairstyle that I want to do is half up and half down too. I'm glad that your cake tasting went well. You must just be happy to have that figured out already. Yeah, you should change your reception venue if you're not really happy with it anymore.

I am still going back and forth between the two parks. We're going to go and visit the parks next week and then make a definite decision after we've checked them out. I think that I just want to do the other park now and go with Saturday May 19th. I really want a date in May (or October) so that means going with the other park.

I bought a few novelty plastic popcorn boxes and a small gumball machine. This stuff will be the centerpiece on the kids table. I thought that I could fill each popcorn box with something different like candy and lollipops in one, crayons in one, maybe play-doh or small dollar store toys in the other. And then I have one more but I don't have any ideas about what I could put in it, well other than popcorn! LOL

Posted: Sep 30, 2010 11:38 AM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

I'm not going to have kids at my wedding or reception. There's going to be alcohol served and I don't want kids of any age being around it.

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 6:09 AM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

There's going to be a few kids at our wedding whether we like it or not...OURS!! JK But since we'll of course have our kids there I'm going to let the other guests bring their kids too which is only a few more little ones. I don't think that I'm going to serve alcohol at all. I'm really leaning toward doing a breakfast reception and that would mean coffee, juice, soda, water, iced tea and those kinds of beverages and then we wouldn't have to offer alcohol at all. I don't usually drink so it wouldn't bother me.

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

I don't usually drink alcohol either because I am a Mormon but that doesn't mean I cannot have it at the reception for those that do. I am going to have a cash bar.

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 10:06 AM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

I'm starting to look for my dress. I don't know if I will wear a super traditional dress or not. Right now I'm leaning toward something really casual.

Do you have your dress yet?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine