engagment pics

Online Users: 1,251 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

linz Posts : 7 Registered: 8/31/10
engagment pics
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 12:31 PM

After five years together do we really need to have engagement pictures taken?
We're torn on it!
Would love to hear what you all think!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: engagment pics
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: linz

We didn't bother. I couldn't see how the $ and time was worth it. Now, some photogs offer a free e-session, but we just opted out.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 5:00 PM Go to message in response to: linz

Dear Linz,

If you've go the time, money and inclination, then why not?

If not, then don't bother.

Callalily1326 Posts : 6 Registered: 1/2/09
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 6:24 PM Go to message in response to: linz

Luckily my sister is a pretty decent photographer and has actually worked as a photographer. She volunteered to take the engagement photos for us and we would just need to pay for the actual photos, which is not too bad. Try to find some of your friends or family that would be able to do that for you. If you have a friend that is a pretty good photo taker just get them to do it for you, instead of doing professional ones. The engagement photos are nice to have but not the most important photos.

June 8, 2013... I love you, my potato/papita

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 6:28 PM Go to message in response to: Callalily1326

I realized I hadn't finished my thought above -

We didn't bother - but it's totally a personal choice. We have TONS of pics of us together and it seemed repetitive to us. And I have pics of OUR engagement with a bunch of our friends, so I guess I had engagement pics if that makes sense as he proposed on a small stage at a Ren Faire after one of my favorite musicians played!

So, if you can think of something you'd really like - go for it. But if trying to find the time, and possible cost, becomes a hassle, don't worry about it.

Kite Posts : 1 Registered: 9/20/10
Posted: Sep 20, 2010 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: linz

A lot of photographers offer a free engagement session when you book your wedding with them. My wedding photographer - Lola's Pro Photo (out of Waterford, MI) does that. The engagement photos are so beautiful, I can't wait for my wedding pictures! The great thing about engagement photos is that you can display them at the wedding! :-)

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 6:21 PM Go to message in response to: linz

Black Strapless Sweetheart Layered Drape Hi-low Prom Dress With Beads
Save up to 31% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $178.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/black-strapless-sweetheart-layered-drape-hilow-prom-dress-with-beads-p-32379.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine