Elizabeth Warren - new consumer protection agency

Online Users: 1,343 guest(s), 4 user(s). Replies: 4

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Elizabeth Warren - new consumer protection agency
Posted: Sep 17, 2010 8:32 PM

Ladies,

I have followed the career of Dr Elizabeth Warren for some time, and have been very impressed with her. She's a law professor at Harvard, an expert on personal bankruptcy, consumer credit cards and a very down-to-earth person.

Dr Warren grew up in a working class family in Oklahoma and has never forgotten her roots. I heard her give a radio interview some time back, and actually sent her a fan letter telling her "thanks" for being so realistic. I have total faith in her ability to do this new job.

I urge you to seek out, for yourself, various videos and interview with Dr Warren.

sassy411 Posts : 52 Registered: 8/16/10
Re: Elizabeth Warren - new consumer protection agency
Posted: Sep 18, 2010 12:04 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

I could not disagree more. Her appointment is appalling. Again, BHO bypassed senate confirmation & gave her unconstitutional power with zero accountability or oversight.

The actions of a tyrant.

And why did the president bypass the senate? Because she is too radical even for a democrat controlled senate to approve.

"Advise & consent" is in our Constitution for a reason.

Now we're stuck with an unaccountable leftist who is going to help wreck the financial services industry with oppressive new bureaucracy. Even Chris Dodd would not have approved of this woman.

This is a very bad thing for this country.

Edited by: sassy411 on Sep 18, 2010 12:14 PM

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Sep 18, 2010 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: sassy411

The Warren appointment is excellent! She is one of the few who speak directly to and for the people. I read that her father was a janitor. How about that for an American success story? By the way, the Congress does not have to approve the appointment of an advisor to the President. Actions of a tyrant?? No way.

myra@classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Sep 18, 2010 4:23 PM Go to message in response to: sassy411

Dear Sassy,

"Now we're stuck with an unaccountable leftist"

Half of the country are leftists. The other half are rightists.

So?

Posted: Sep 18, 2010 9:38 PM Go to message in response to: myras

Dear Myra,

Here's where Dr Warren hit my radar screen.

I read, watch and listen to a LOT of financial media. Wall Street Journal, etc. It's my job and of personal interest.

Around 2007 - 2008 when the financial collapse was first underway, there were many many "how to save money" type consumer finance shows and interviews. Almost every one of them had some kind of blurb about giving up the Daily Latte.

"Just think! If you give up your Daily Latte, you'll save over a thousand dollars a year!"

Everyone did the Daily Latte Blurb. Everyone. I came to expect it when listening to an interview or other consumer finance media piece.

So, one day I was cruising down the Interstate listening to an interview with Dr Warren about stressed families and bankruptcy. She sounded really bright and knowledgable, so I turned up the volume and listened closer, but was waiting for the usual de rigeur Daily Latte Blurb. It came.

Interviewer: "So, Dr Warren, one thing I've read is that if a person gives up their Daily Latte, they can save a lot of money."

Me: Sigh. There it is. The Daily Latte Blurb. (eyes rolled heavenward)

Dr Warren: "The people we've been working with haven't had a latte in years."

My mouth fell open. Someone, at last, "gets it"! From then on, I sought out Elizabeth Warren in the news, and have followed her career closely.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine