Do You Think He's Going to Propose?

Online Users: 1,358 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 6

cabride531 Posts : 9 Registered: 9/14/10
Do You Think He's Going to Propose?
Posted: Sep 14, 2010 6:06 PM

So my boyfriend I have been together for over 4 years now--nearing 4.5 and we've lived together 2.5 of those.

He's a management consultant, so he's ALWAYS traveling. So our time together is quite precious. He is home pretty much every Thursday through Sunday.

About two months ago he came home and set a guide book down in front of me and said "How do you feel about Southeast Asia"? Amazing, right???

Now logic says he's been working in the midwest for a year now and is in desperate need of an awesome vacation and he's not planning anything spectacular.

BUT last December we talked about wanting to get married in Sept or Oct so we could have our anniversary fall on a good time of year for vacationing...

We planned this extravagant trip to Southeast Asia in a month and we leave a week from tomorrow. I really don't want to get my hopes up, but at this point it's kind of hard not to, you know?

Some clues that tell me he might be... or I'm just nuts and reading too much into things, but...

1. I saw that he sent my brother a text recently (by accident) asking for my dad's cell phone number.
2. He went up to SF a day early for a friend's bachelor party that same weekend he texted my brother.
3. Our family diamond guy is in SF.
4. He took me to see his family just a few weekends ago.

My main concern is that he might not have the money for all of this. He DID just get a big promotion at work, BUT he bought a brand new sports car with his bonus. He did end up going for a car that was 10 grand cheaper than the original one he wanted and he made a remark to me "Maybe I got the cheaper car so I could do both." (Aka: buy me a ring).

What do you guys think???

Trying not to freak out. I know our vacation will be amazing no matter what!

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Re: Do You Think He's Going to Propose?
Posted: Sep 14, 2010 8:48 PM Go to message in response to: cabride531

I also remember around the time my husband proposed, I started playing Inspector Gadget too! Let me tell you I almost ruined a couple of trips and several nice dates because I thought he was going to propose. Then, when he didn't, I would try to hide my disappointment. However, he did it when he was ready.

I said all of that to say, enjoy your trip and try to put a possible engagment out of your mind. I would hate for you to not have a good time because you are anticipating a proposal. It sounds like a wonderful vacation you guys have planned, and maybe he will propose when you guys get back, IDK!

Just enjoy yourself and of course keep us posted!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 3:23 PM Go to message in response to: cabride531

Dear CA,

Do the best your can to take your mind off it. Don't obsess.

If I wanted to completely surprise someone else, I would wait until that issue was the farthest thing from their mind. If you are thinking, constantly, about a proposal, then that gives him little opportunity to surprise you.

Give the guy a chance. Focus your attention, your energies, your conversation and your mind on other things.
A trip to SE Asia would be a lot of fun! Are you going to Phuket?

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 3:54 PM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

Thanks for the feedback everyone! You're definitely right. I'll make myself crazy and ruin a perfectly fabulous trip if I keep focusing on getting engaged.

It will be an amazing trip. I'm going with no expectations whatsoever. I really can't be one to complain--my boyfriend is taking me on a romantic trip to Southeast Asia.

auntofthebride: He's taking me to Hong Kong, Bangkok, Bali, and Singapore. No Phuket this time, but maybe another trip? I hear it's amazing! I figure Bali will be the equivalent of that.

I know he loves me and he's one of those people who HATES pressure and expectations. He's ALL about the element of surprise.

Posted: Oct 19, 2010 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

He did it!!! On a beach in Bali at sunset. :)

jujugirl Posts : 42 Registered: 4/8/10
Posted: Oct 19, 2010 7:08 PM Go to message in response to: cabride531

Congrats!

JenniferWillson Posts : 70 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 9:46 AM Go to message in response to: cabride531

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine