I have chosen Gerber Daisy Invitations but am not sure if it is appropriate

Online Users: 1,245 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 12

lisunshine Posts : 4 Registered: 9/13/10
I have chosen Gerber Daisy Invitations but am not sure if it is appropriate
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 6:08 PM

I am having a October wedding. It is in the fall but the "theme" is not fall. I always wanted to do a gerber daisy theme when I got married, but now am worried that they are not appropriate for the season. I really want gerber but am thinking maybe it will work If I do colors like yellow and orange and green. My colors were burt orange and teal but now think I may want to change them to more "fall color" to fit in the Gerbers.

Dose that make sense? Any ideas anyone? this is the invitation that I have chosen. the designer says I can use any color so now it's up to me to decide what will work or if I should axe the gerber theme all together.

Re: I have chosen Gerber Daisy Invitations but am not sure if it is appropr
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 6:09 PM Go to message in response to: lisunshine

The blue and orange are my original choice for color.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: I have chosen Gerber Daisy Invitations but am not sure if it is appropriate
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 6:21 PM Go to message in response to: lisunshine

Dear Li,

The yellow and orange, together, look "fall-ish" to me. If all else is equal, why not go with those colors?

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 6:30 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Thanks auntofthebride!
I really don't want to do the typical fall color theme. but I feel like I have to, to make a spring flower like Gerber daisies work. Do you think the gerbers are inappropriate for the season if I don't do them in fall colors? I really want to use teal. My family says no but I guess I am pushing for someone to say yes. No, but I really do want honest answers. So thank you :)

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: lisunshine

Dear Li,

You can really do anything you want. It's just that people associate various things with various seasons. If you are inviting people to a Fourth of July party, you don't decorate the invitation with Santa Claus and pastel decorated Easter eggs.

You like the daisies, great, but I suggest you compromise with them in fall colors. Teal suggests late spring or summer to me, not fall. Swimming pools.

Just my opinion.

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 9:16 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Yeah you're right... :( thanks! :) I appreciate your advice!!!

Lucychen Posts : 2 Registered: 8/23/10
Posted: Sep 14, 2010 6:48 AM Go to message in response to: lisunshine

The first one is perfect, in my opinion.

BlueSix Posts : 9 Registered: 9/18/10
Posted: Sep 18, 2010 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: lisunshine

Keep in mind too that for a lot of people they don't necessarily associate certain flowers with a certain time of year. You by no means have to do the traditional fall wedding theme. Gerbers will look great, after all it is a wedding and not a fall party! Besides if you want to incorporate something more fall like then it doesn't have to be in the flowers or invitations. I think it will be very pretty and uplifting in the fall!

JessyNChris Posts : 120 Registered: 4/3/08
Posted: Oct 1, 2010 6:57 PM Go to message in response to: lisunshine

You can do whaever you want. We don't have a date set yet. But I know my wedding will be after Christmas. But my colors are going to be pink and lavender. We aren't doing a theme just stuff we both like.
Everyone knows I love pink, so they expect me to have the color pink in the wedding.

Edited by: JessyNChris on Oct 1, 2010 6:58 PM

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting  Waiting to be Mrs. Styskal 

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Oct 1, 2010 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: lisunshine

Go for any color of Gerbers you want! You won't be "breaking a fall wedding rule," you'll be innovative and fresh! It's not really fair for fall brides to have to pick fall colors, anyway. Imagine if every winter wedding had to be red and green :( Pick your favorites and run with it!

LisaM Posts : 1 Registered: 11/11/10
Posted: Nov 11, 2010 1:37 AM Go to message in response to: lisunshine

omgosh, i absolutely love your invitations! if you dont mind me asking, where did you find them?

asiabride Posts : 9 Registered: 7/15/10
Posted: Nov 14, 2010 8:43 PM Go to message in response to: lisunshine

I say go with the colors that you like. Something like putting the registry information or a request for cash, those are the kinds of things I would classify as "not appropriate." But with something like a color, Bally's right, the world won't end if you have a teal daisy on your invitation. What's the worst that can happen? Someone might say that's not a color that they would have gone with?
Personally, I like it. You have the orange too, so that's one color that ties it in with Fall, and the teal looks nice with it. So the teal's different enough to make it unique, but the orange is traditional enough to keep it from looking out of place.
Then again, I'm also the kind of person that wears white shoes after Labor Day, so I also showed the invitations to my mom (she's the style conscious one in the famiy, and if something doesn't look right, she'll say so) and she liked them too.

deliciousappleb... Posts : 15 Registered: 8/21/10
Posted: Nov 16, 2010 11:28 PM Go to message in response to: lisunshine

My wedding is also in October, and I also plan to use gerbers in my flower arrangements. I have honestly not given a single thought to "seasonally appropriate" flowers (or anything else), and I'm not convinced you should, either. To be honest, most people don't know a blessed thing about flowers and they aren't going to notice. "Omg can you believe she used a SPRING flower at a FALL wedding? Goodness me, how appalling!" - not likely! I promise. What they will notice is how pretty your flowers and invitations are and more importantly, YOU will notice. Get what you want.

It seems to me from your post that you didn't choose a fall date so you could have a fall theme, so why should you restrict yourself to one after the fact? I chose October because I like October, and I'm choosing bright colourful summer flowers because I want my wedding to be bright and fun. If anyone says anything about the "appropriateness" of my "theme", I'll probably die of shock. :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine