Need help with dress choices.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

Tatjannam Posts : 1 Registered: 9/10/10
Need help with dress choices.
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 7:37 PM

I'm 32 and next May I'm marrying my best friend all over again, that is we are renewing our vows. I'm a little bigger 14-16 and while I will be working on my upper arms,I don't want strapless ...there are a few things that make me quite picky .

1 I'm a wedding photographer, I sit all day, everyday and edit out the things that brides don't want to see, so they can have an esthetically pleasing image to remember their day by. But when it comes to choosing my dress, it also makes me well aware of what body parts a dress can be especially cruel to.

2. It's my vow renewal, I did the long flowing gown our first time around, I'm ready for clean simple and fun.

3. My hips, my tummy and my upper arms hate me, lets face it I'm not getting any younger and things physically aren't looking their youngest, I just thank the stars I have good skin and alright hair!

4. I'm what some would call "blessed" in the top..I don't feel blessed though and I don't want the ladies to be stealing the show.

I would like a dress that's tea length and vintage looking but for my body style what would be the most pleasing style? I love love love the vintage swing dress look..any ideas ?

sassy411 Posts : 52 Registered: 8/16/10
Re: Need help with dress choices.
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 9:28 PM Go to message in response to: Tatjannam

I think you should try on dresses & wear the one you love best that makes you feel like twirling around in it. I don't think the "rules" make any sense. When you try them on, you will know what makes you feel beautiful.

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Re: Need help with dress choices.
Posted: Sep 11, 2010 9:24 PM Go to message in response to: Tatjannam

Bridal sites like this one and The Knot have dress finders that let you set some parameters, including length and sleeves. Look at all of the pictures (including bridesmaid and Mother of the Bride) and you should find some styles that will work for you. Then you can zero in on shops that carry the manufacturers that you want. Many dresses have coverups that will help with the upper arm problem. And many manufacturers cut sizes up to 24, so you should not have problems with a size range. Also, don't limit yourself to bridal shops. A good department store or boutique should have selections for you.

myra@classysassyweddings.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine