sparkle tulle wedding gown...

Online Users: 1,335 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 6

fallbride13 Posts : 4 Registered: 9/6/10
sparkle tulle wedding gown...
Posted: Sep 6, 2010 10:22 PM

Hi everyone I'm new and I really need some help. I have this vision of my dress like every girl does, but I'm having a hard time finding it. I want the corset top w/ a sweetheart neckline with a decent amount of sparkle on the top I want it to stop just above my hips or right at my hips and go out like a ball gown and the most important part is I want Sparkle tulle... I'm having the most horrible time finding a gown with the sparkle tulle like this any suggestions where to look? Thanks so much!

-Gabe

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: sparkle tulle wedding gown...
Posted: Sep 7, 2010 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: fallbride13

Dear Gabe,

Why not have a chat with a professional dressmaker who can create what you envision?

fallbride13 Posts : 4 Registered: 9/6/10
Posted: Sep 7, 2010 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Thank you for the advice, I just really don't wanna spend more than $1,200 and I'm afraid if I did that and had a custom dress it would be outrageous.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Sep 7, 2010 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: fallbride13

Dear FB,

I understand, but talk is cheap.

Why not make an appt with a local dressmaker and see what it would cost to realize your imaginary dress?

The worst that could happen would be to find out it is too expensive. OK, so you're back to where you started.

Or, she might suggest a ready-to-wear gown with added embellishments, and that might be a reasonable cost.

Or, she might be able to do the whole thing under your budget.

It never hurts to ask.

SpideyBridey Posts : 66 Registered: 5/17/09
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 3:55 PM Go to message in response to: fallbride13

The dress you described is exactly my wedding dress. Demetrios Bridal #937. I bought it in 2009 and don't believe it's on their website anymore. However, it's worth looking around for! Macy's Bridal carries the Demetrios line and I saw my sample dress hanging in there just the other day.

My profile icon is the dress. It has a sweatheart neckline, corset top w/rinestones, sits just above the waist and the bottom is a ballgown shape made of tulle. It's absolutely beautiful and definitely a princess dress. I know not many people would wear something like this, but it's perfect for those who would :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Carlyque Posts : 4 Registered: 12/16/09
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 11:07 PM Go to message in response to: SpideyBridey

I shopped at Brides by Demetrios a month ago . . . I'm so glad you posted this because I think I tried on that dress and I was thinking that it was exactly what was being described. It's a gorgeous dress.

~Carlyque

Now join hands, and with your hands your hearts.
 -William Shakespeare

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 6:00 PM Go to message in response to: fallbride13

Pronovias Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-pronovias-c-420_473.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine